Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just happy it doesn't look like a 70's living room couch like my current one - complete with a bit of stuffing popping out!

thanks, i didn't even think about it being a re-upholster job- that must be it!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Looks like a Corbin a little. Could be a Pipper, He does a good job and reshapes the foam for a great ride.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks like it has a skin or slip cover over it. My old VN700 had a ripped seat and the Kawi dealer had a $60.00 pre-formed slip cover that fit over the seat and 2 strings in the back (by the tool box) pulled it tight and tied off. you didn't remove the factory covering--just pulled the cover over it and presto--seat was recovered! It looked just like that one--you could see the buttons on the factory covering thru the slip cover, but it's better than looking at a rip in the seat.
Whether yours is a cover or a re-upholstered seat--it looks great and you got a great deal!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully i find out soon!

yes, you are right, if you look closely you can still see the button in the pic. so it must be a recovered job. still it looks alot better than mine and still cheaper than 60 bucks.

Might inspire me to use the new one and spend some time on my old one doing a custom job on it-- its nice to have a spare!
\

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah! came today- and its pretty good its definitely a re-worked stock saddle- its got a few marks on it and one little spot that looks like it got burned-- but someone did some nice work reworking the foam and its super firm! sure changes the look and feel for the better.

the foam is internally pinned and the cover is similar to a slip, but stapled on. the only trouble is that the skin is tighter and pulls the seat smaller-- so it doesnt kiss up exact to the mini-sissy bak like it should - and its a little loose at the gas tank - where the stock one was more firm probably just because of the extra padding. but its hardly noticable

not sure if you needed this report-- but i needed to tell people in any case!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
not sure if you needed this report-- but i needed to tell people in any case!

LOL,
It sounds like you're happy with it, so what the hey, it's worth posting about!! :beerchug:

I got one off eBay that had a small slice in it from a backrest the previous owner had on it, plus studs, but otherwise perfect.
Figured someday I might try making a solo seat out of it.
Got it for $20 and it was close enough that I was able to pick it up.
Couldn't pass up that deal.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Glad you found a decent saddle at a good price. Hyper, I've been thinking of . going to a solo saddle style with the other woman, kinda like a drifters saddle. If you do the solo thing let me know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts