Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see two parts severely damaged, the fork seal and the dust cover. If those parts are that worn out then there’s no oil in that fork tube. They are sold in sets (two seals, two dust covers) for both forks.
Thank you, you guys are life savers it’s my first bike it’s been sitting for 10+ years and the project is going well

· Premium Member
1,821 Posts
What’s the other side look like? You’re going to need to remove the wheel and take the fork off to replace those parts anyway so it’s probably a good ideal to change them both and replace any oil that may be in the other one. Beware if you do because that oil can smell like death lol

· Registered
1,994 Posts
I see two parts severely damaged, the fork seal and the dust cover. If those parts are that worn out then there’s no oil in that fork tube. They are sold in sets (two seals, two dust covers) for both forks.
I think that's just the dust cover/fork wiper that's separated. And, like you stated, the fork seals should be replaced.

I've seen torn wipers a lot in my vintage bike projects. Surprisingly, if the fork seals aren't damaged, they might be good as long as they're not leaking.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
What’s the other side look like? You’re going to need to remove the wheel and take the fork off to replace those parts anyway so it’s probably a good ideal to change them both and replace any oil that may be in the other one. Beware if you do because that oil can smell like death lol
A flushing with Kerosene is a good idea if the bike has been setting a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts