Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will I need to replace it? Carb was taken out to clean (not by me) and I'm interested in fixing what they broke. I've looked at the diagrams of the carb system and can't make heads or tails of what I'll need to replace to get that line reconnected and the whole system in working order (presuming that the visible broken bit is all that's wrong).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
the black plastic part is a fuel inlet (there are 2, one for each carb). it also looks like an ear is broken off next too it. perhaps it was dropped?

the fuel inlet can be replaced with an all brass one, from a Harley I believe, others who know for certain will chime in on that.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Where the metal ear is broken off, does the break go all the way to the inside? It looks like a hole right in the middle of the surface of the break... probably going to have to get a replacement part or have a very accommodating tig welder friend.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks like a plastic elbow on a brass fitting coming out of the carb, with the rest of the fitting off I'm sure you should be able to get a 90° rubber fitting from a motor factors and with a straight connector join the pipe to the elbow?

·
HarryTX
58 Posts
the black plastic part is a fuel inlet (there are 2, one for each carb). it also looks like an ear is broken off next too it. perhaps it was dropped?

the fuel inlet can be replaced with an all brass one, from a Harley I believe, others who know for certain will chime in on that.
I got a set from the local Harley dealer for mine, the decrepit 30 year old plastic inlet elbow broke while replacing the decrepit fuel hose.

So, I just replaced both at the same time. Or rather, had them replaced since they have to be pressed in. But I got the brass elbows at the local Harley parts desk.

I'll see if I can dig up the part number for you.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
What will I need to replace it? Carb was taken out to clean (not by me) and I'm interested in fixing what they broke. I've looked at the diagrams of the carb system and can't make heads or tails of what I'll need to replace to get that line reconnected and the whole system in working order (presuming that the visible broken bit is all that's wrong).
How about doing a proper introduction under the Newbie Check-In at least as your second post since you used your first one to ask questions and for help? Usually we like to know who we are working with first. Tell us (under the right heading please) your riding/wrenching experience and where you are from. It is all very simple and short.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc
1 - 6 of 6 Posts