Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The frame has the lines of a Harley Softail, but the engine cylinder heads don`t look like any H-D I have seen.

Maybe KM is right and it is Chinese clone. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
The frame has the lines of a Harley Softail, but the engine cylinder heads don`t look like any H-D I have seen.

Maybe KM is right and it is Chinese clone. :confused:
It highly favors an earlier Vn800 custom or a Vn900,if that is in fact a belt drive I see and after a third look it appears as if it is a honda 750 Sprint which were chain drive with the softail frame.Definitley not a Harley

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
here it is from the other side it's a mid 90's Vn800 classic, it was chain drive too

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That vn800 tank badge is close in shape to the one on craigslist.
The rest of the bike is similar too from what I can see.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
So, are these people so stupid they don't even know what size the bikes are? I mean, come on....

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
whenever I don't know or don't want to answer I say.....No English!!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People are strange. Saw another CL add the other day, "Kawasaki cruiser". No pic. No year or model or engine size. Went on & on about all things done to it recently, but no real info. I used to pester the dumbest ones, but there are too many!!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
What was that Johnny Cash song...??? About the car he carried out one lunch bucket at a time, or something...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
So, are these people so stupid they don't even know what size the bikes are? I mean, come on....
Many bikes do not show the engine size on the sidecovers or whatever. Some states only care if a bike is over a specific size...so tax wise a 750 is the same as an 1100. I would think the bikes title would list it, but titles can be wrong too.

Other than measuring the displacement of a bike yourself, you likely have no way of knowing what exactly it is other than believing what you are told.

Alot of bikes "round" up or down the displacement for it to sound better. (typicly they round up) So keep in mind your 750 is not a true 750cc bike...(yes 749cc is pretty close)

I think the old Yamaha Seca 550 I had was 528cc. But again I could only take others word for it as I never measured the displacement myself.

And.... consider that the owner likely had his asz kicked by Vulcan
750's ...so the idea it was bigger than that might have been hard to believe...;)

So you do not have to be stupid...just unimformed....

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
What was that Johnny Cash song...??? About the car he carried out one lunch bucket at a time, or something...lol...
"One Piece at a Time" from 1976. Johnnys last number 1 hit. I just heard it on the radio this morning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_at_a_Time

End of hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled motorcycle topic. :)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
OHC, I wasn't tryin to hi-jack the OP's thread, just suggestin that maybe he (the seller) built it the way Johnny did in the song...lol... But I couldn't think of the title... Thanks...:beerchug:...
PS-I should have ask if the CL advertiser maby did like Johnny Cash...lol...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OHC, I wasn't tryin to hi-jack the OP's thread, just suggestin that maybe he (the seller) built it the way Johnny did in the song...lol... But I couldn't think of the title... Thanks...:beerchug:...
I was just funnin` with all ya`all about the hijack OD. (Notice the smiley face)

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
It's definitely a VN800. The dead giveaway is the curved chrome side piece that you'd mount the saddlebags to. It is the same piece on every 800. I've had a couple people tell me they were 750's also! One guy was still riding his and the other had previously owned it and said something about the chain drive, so I suggested it was an 800 and he was like, "Oh yeah, that's right, an 800". I went to look at a 750 that was basically a basket case that the guy wanted 600 for and it was an 800, not a 750. Dumb people.

Pulled up next to a guy I vaguely knew out in the hill country one day. I said "Hey Barry, I didn't know you were a biker. What's that? An 1100?" (It was a V-star) He says "No it's a 750!" I said, "No, it must be a 650 cause they don't make a 750 V-star." I felt like saying Man you're dumber than you look!

How can someone not know what they're riding? :wow:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts