Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking for the best headlight bulb for my 2003 750 I do not want to install a hid kit either I have read some things on the electric problems and don't want to get a bulb that with mess stuff up looking at piaa extreme white? Or orsam?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hello I'm looking for the best headlight bulb for my 2003 750 I do not want to install a hid kit either I have read some things on the electric problems and don't want to get a bulb that with mess stuff up looking at piaa extreme white? Or orsam?
I am satisfied with a SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp.
Hope this helps
WilliamTech
:lockd:

·
2,527 Posts
X2 on the Silverstar.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I ordered a pair of the PIAA extreme White from Amazon.com for $45. Still waiting for them to be delivered, but I expect a pretty decent improvement over the original bulbs.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I went with the SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
The PIAA bulbs got good reviews, but ain't cheap. The Silverstars are popular ...likely because they cost less and are easy to find.

The other option here would be HID lighting... More money but alot better light. There's a post around somewhere detailing them.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I found Silverstars are good light but do not last long. I would go through one a season.
I have LED on my Ultra now and love them. Truck Lights makes them. Not sure if they will fit in a 750 but if you can get it to work it is great. Lower power use and better light.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
LED or HID?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
There are some new led's out there, well not that new but newer in design. They are called CREE. I recently bought a cree led flash light for my pistol & it's amazing the light output of one of these leds. This is not your dollar store led light. I wonder if that's what their using. I looked at their site & it doesn't say what type of led it uses.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I installed the SilverStar bulb in place of the original stock bulb and am very happy with the resulting increased output of light. It is readily available at Walmart and other places, fairly "cheap" and is certainly an improvement over the stock bulb.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I put the Silverstar on the bike a couple of years ago and it does light the road better than the stock bulb. Recently I put a pair of the PIAAs on my car and what a difference. But as KM said, they're not cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts