Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may have been discussed before but I can't find a solid answer so..... What is the best battery for our bikes out there? I put an AGM battery in 18 months ago but it seems to be getting weak already and I want to use the longest lasting highest amp engine spinning battery out there.
Tell me, short and sweet.... what is the best battery for our bikes?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Ok, this may have been discussed before but I can't find a solid answer so..... What is the best battery for our bikes out there? I put an AGM battery in 18 months ago but it seems to be getting weak already and I want to use the longest lasting highest amp engine spinning battery out there.
Tell me, short and sweet.... what is the best battery for our bikes?
EDIT: iirc, From the spec's I observed, all AGM Battery to fit our bike are the same CCA Rating.
There has been no preference by brand - other than price & availability.

How's the Charging System ?

14. + V @ 3 K rpm ?

:smiley_th

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Deka seems to be popular, but everyone has a different opinion based on price and availability.

If your AGM battery is worn out this quickly, then I would check your charging system as WilliamTech is eluding to.

READ the Verses section...all you need to know is posted there for people to find it easily.

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Guess should ask what AGM battery you have now. My Westco battery lasted 7 years...I'd say more than that but I sold it. The stock AGM in my FJR lasted exactly 7 years.

So, you either got a bad battery or something's wrong with your charging system. Right now I'd just say avoid any cheap Chinese battery, as the rest all seem to be doing well. (I bought a Motobat battery for the Yamaha BTW)

http://www.motobattbatteries.com/?gclid=CK6c3dGggLsCFeZFMgod3GkAiQ

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check the charging system. With the cooler weather the engine seems to be struggling to spin fast if I haven't started it in a few days even though it's at least 50 degrees. I'll check the battery type and report it later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts