Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking to possibly sell my vulcan to get another bike (not sure what model yet but definitely a 2009 or newer)

so heres the info

1994 VN750
K&N air filters (replaces the stock foam filter)
Cobra Exhaust
Luggage Rack (bought from "Rogue" on here)
10k miles
new battery
new Regulator Resistor (also relocated and original still in stock location and still works, got the new one thinking it was bad and turned out to be the connector was just loose lol)
new oil change
new plugs
new center plate with new floats and needles
crash bar

will have new tires (soon as my income tax comes in ) lol
will be rebuilding the petcock (leaks gas into carbs over time)

bad...
has small dent in headlight trim
small cracks in left front turn signal lense (doesnt "need" a lense but could use.)
small scratches in ball part of clutch lever (doesnt "neeD" but for looks it could use a new one)
small scratches on rear chrome part of left rear turn signal housing
scratch on speedometer casing (cheap fix also)

pics to come of bike with rack on it

here are pics of it without rack and crash bar
\

pics of crash bar on bike

pic of speedometer last summer

i believe this to be an AWESOME bike and very well maintained and in great condition minus the few small scratches which are easily repaired/replaced, so with that in mind please tell me what you think its worth in general and not what you would "only pay" for it.

thanks alot.
also taking offers on the bike but please ONLY PM offers thanks

Will H.

·
Banned
431 Posts
I would start at $1800-2000 and get flexible, maybe a little less flexible if you wait three months.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Problem is it's like any toy, they are all money pits. What you like and consider custom others might consider a molestation. But based on the year and as clean as it looks, and if it starts easy and runs smooth i would hang around the $2000.00 range.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Good looking 94 with 10k on the clock? I'm with the other guys, hang around 2k but be flexible. I also agree with km60155 - wait for warmer weather and hold firm at 2k...

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
I was going to suggest you ask $2200 or best offer. I would not spend any more money on it...let the new owner buy the tires.

Sell the engine guard to Ruger. And sell the luggage rack to whoever wants it. And... Keep the price the same. Accessories are not worth much on the bike to a buyer...but are on the open market.

KM

·
Registered
796 Posts
Like I always say...."You'll never get out of it for what you've got in it". I agree...start at $2200. 8 yrs ago I gave $1500 for my 93' with 15,000 on the clock, all stock, very clean, and only a tiny ding in the tank.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the luggage rack is in nice shape, not rusty, and has all the hardware, I'll give you $100 for it. :)

Mike

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well my bike is worth 2200$ ATLEAST cause thats why i just sold it for! i let the rack and guard go with it. it was hard to let it go tho, i can assure all of you of that! only reason i sold was cause im getting a bigger bike soon.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
glad you got a good price out of it, dont be a stranger to the forums now, still lots of good info for any bike. and not to mention all the great people here!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
well my bike is worth 2200$ ATLEAST cause thats why i just sold it for! i let the rack and guard go with it. it was hard to let it go tho, i can assure all of you of that! only reason i sold was cause im getting a bigger bike soon.
WOW! That was an excellent price - especially for Winter. I sold my 2001 last May for only $1,650. I started at $2,500, and kept dropping until I got it sold. Only had 12k on the clock.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Congrats on the sell! Not to advocate for getting rid of your vulcan, but any tips for getting a good return for other members that might be thinking of selling their bikes?

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Haven't gotten a single nibble for my bike at $3500, might have to drop it to $2500 or less. Guess 63,000 miles is scaring people away. =(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To all: i sold to the FIRST person who looked at it and he wanted to only spend 1800$ and had looked at 3 other bikes (even a vulcan 1500) and said mine was the nicest one (which i take as a major compliment!)

also i will buy another vulcan for sure! but probly next income tax season as i already miss it and want it back. lol

update on the bigger bike .....

sold 94 vulcan 750 10,993 miles on the clock luggage rack and crash bar for 2200$
and bought a 2002 Yamaha V star 650 Classic 8490 miles on the clock, vstar saddle bags, floorboards, windshield and crash bar for only $2700!!! now THAT is a steal in my book and TOTALLY worth the sacrifice (for now anyways) lol

Here are a few pics of it (sorry the lighting sucks)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought my 94 vulcan 750 with 12,000 miles on it last summer for $1,000.00 came with new tires, brakes, and cables. I think I got a good deal on it.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
update on the bigger bike .....

sold 94 vulcan 750 10,993 miles on the clock luggage rack and crash bar for 2200$
and bought a 2002 Yamaha V star 650 Classic 8490 miles on the clock, vstar saddle bags, floorboards, windshield and crash bar for only $2700!!! now THAT is a steal in my book and TOTALLY worth the sacrifice (for now anyways) lol
Just my opinion here, but I don't think you will be happy with the VStar 650. Not that it's a bad bike, but it's a bit small, and has much less power than the VN750. Looked at a new 2009 for my wife last year, and I didn't like the way it felt, nor the way the heel-toe shifter was configured. We found a beautiful '09 VStar 950 Tourer for her, and it is a ton more bike. Although, when you're talking money $2,700 is a lot easier to swallow than $7,400.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Nice sell!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,675 Posts
nice V-Star. now are you ready to run to the "Hills"? lol it should be no problem on that bagger! don't worry we will go slow so you can keep up with the Kaw's. lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts