Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on in your stable (Garage) this winter? Post pics, stories, or what not.

There is no bike builds going on for me this winter season... I am working on my Jeep and doing honey-dos for the most part.

·
Registered
796 Posts
At this point the bike projects are shelved til spring, except for small fabs and the sleds are coming out of their summer hibernation. 8" of the white stuff on the ground today. Woohoo!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well, today was my first day attempting to change the wiring, but it turns out that it's actually a bit different from the wiring harness that was already on the bike! So tomorrow I'll see what's up and decide if I'll just put the old one back on or what I'm gonna do about it.

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I have yet to winterize my bikes but it will be coming soon. At some point I want to re-do my spline lube with the Honda Moly 60. I think I'll lube all my cables, too.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well being a retired old fart I'm always trying to find some things to do to get me through to Spring and warmer weather...
I pulled the slip ons off the exausts and added about a half dozen more holes in the baffles to relieve a bit more back pressure...
Then I ordered a K&N E-3040 air filter which is a bit higher than the K&N HD-0900 standard replacement for my screaming eagle intake,
but requires a small bit of changes to the setup, like longer bolts and adding a bit to the standoffs...

The K&N 3040 will actually double the surface area (43+ Sq. Ins. vs 21+ Sq. Ins.) of the stock HD screaming eagle filter...
I know, I know, but I've got to have something to do so these months will pass, and I'm back ridin...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I don't really have a "stable" as I only have one bike. I have more of a "stall" I think. LOL!!!!!

I plan on painting my new front reaper fender "candy gold spark" (stock '02 paint) and installing it. Then I'm going to order the radiator shroud and chin scoop and paint then install that. The meanie should look pretty badass after that.

Then I'm going to clean the rest of the crap out of there (couple couches), set up my tool shop, then teach myself how to weld. I could post before and after pics of the meanie if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
278 Posts
LP,

As for me, I'm always interested to see what someone else is doing to their ride. Gives me ideas...Keep 'em coming.

John

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm actually going to have a stable this year. I am getting my 750 back from my friend who has ridden it for 2 seasons. He dumped it on a curve earlier this year and decided he was going to hang it up. (He's 70) anyway, I have had thoughts of putting a solo seat on it, and all that is involved with that. I like the looks, but I'm not too sure of my fabrication abilities. Speaking of stables growing, I have also been looking at dual sports. I want a Suzuki DR400 pretty badly. If I can sell my trailer (wife says sell the trailer before any more bikes get bought!) and find one cheap it will be a busy winter in the woods.

Anyone need a good enclosed trailer set up to haul two bikes...?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm working on adding a third extra led brake light between my bags. It will act as a brace to help with the shake & extra "see me". Other than that I've got to find my pesky short in my signals & sneek in a ride or too if it's not too chilly. =)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think I will be doing anything in MY garage, but I do have a smaller set of bags and the brackets to install. I am thinking sometime in the spring.

I have a couple of woodworking projects in mind, so I will be spending time in the basement that is a bit warmer than the garage.

I also have my CJ2A that is nearing completion, but that is in a friend's heated garage where I rent a stall.

And sometime before the snow gets too deep, I have to finish the exhaust on my TJ.

AND I have to clean out some more rooms in my house. Seems I will be moving in the next couple of years... :)

Always something to do.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I've got two projects in the garage. My 750 is almost ready to be put back together. Just have to paint the underside of the front fender, then clear coat everything.

My 1500 needs a headlight, foot peg, indicator, mirror, and paint on the tank and front fender. I could use some new skin too, but that's coming back.

Found the headlight and mirrors on another forum, probably going to buy indicator and foot peg new. Need to fix the tank/fender and pending Liberty's outcome, repaint.

Jon

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
He dumped it on a curve earlier this year and decided he was going to hang it up. (He's 70) anyway,
Anyone need a good enclosed trailer set up to haul two bikes...?
Did your friend deside he was too young to be ridin...???
Tell us about the trailer, I think I know someone lookin for one... Would you post a picture, and give a price, location...???
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey Old Dog,

Believe me I have given him endless s**t about this. He is my main riding buddy. He was in the Black Hills and the Colorado Rocky's climbing switchbacks and ticking off mountain passes with me a few months ago. Now he is too old. :blah: I told him it was easy to say never right now looking winter in the face, tell me the same story next May. He knows if he wants to ride my 750 is there for him. I'm not selling it.

I was only kind of joking about the trailer, considering how spread out everyone is. I don't have a picture to send, although that could be worked out. I am in Springfield, Missouri. It's a 93 Playmore 6x9 enclosed single axle. I bought it last Summer to take that trip to the mountains. It has (had) brand new long-run trailer tires. I reinforced the floor with an additional layer of plywood, added a spare tire and truck box to the tongue, and put in two auto-locking wheel chocks for the bikes. These are the ones you can just push the front tire into it and let go. Makes strapping it down nice and easy. They are offset, one at the very front and one set back far enough to keep the bars from touching. I am selling it because it was too much of a load for my poor lil Toyota truck, and I don't forsee another trip like that in the near future anyway. Not to mention the future addition to my stable! If anyone is interested I have $1200 in it, I would take $1200 for it.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts

burning lots of fire wood and rebuilding transmissions ( i do a lot of them in my free time ) and drink way too much beer in the winter out in my man cave

i did one for my buddies dad last week he is going to hopefully paint my bike over the winter

i can even fit my little century in there too if i have to

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Nothing going on for me. My garage however is located at Ron's(Lance's) house when i have to cash to afford to have him do something to the bike for me lol.

I live in an apartment complex so....no garage. The bike stays outside, all day, everyday, 365 days a year.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
After reading up on some of the tips from Gadget's Fix it Page,I will be replacing the clutch spring with the heavier one from the Mean Streak,parts ordered.Remove front fender and repaint.I have already made some spotlight brackets and mounted the lights.I am currently making frame mount bags out of some throw overs and moving them back about 4 inches.I have the right side done and I am liking the looks of them a lot.I bought a Mutazu Luggage rack earlier and didn't like the way it had an extra hole in it for another application so I re located the helmet locks to the side of the rack and used that hole and drilled another and tapped it and bolted the lock in there and used the other hole for the dowel on the lock.Now I don't have that annoying extra hole to look at and the locks are easily accessible.

Now I have to order a new front tire and tube and plan on changing all the fluids and doing a spline lube.How long is this winter thing supposed to last any way?
I rode until a couple of weeks ago and my friends are already tired of me whining about not getting to ride any.

I'll take some pics and post them when I think about it.I suffer from ADD ,CRS and all those alphabet problems.

·
Registered
796 Posts

burning lots of fire wood and rebuilding transmissions ( i do a lot of them in my free time ) and drink way too much beer in the winter out in my man cave
Hopefully not drinking too much beer while rebuilding transmissions. lol

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Hopefully not drinking too much beer while rebuilding transmissions. lol
No! I do one or 2 a week that leaves 5 or 6 days to drink beer

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
ok alright already..... i know we're behind schedule.

.....think we'll steel Nick's wood burner...he prolly won't notice;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I've started building a bobber from a KZ750 Spectre.

DT

1 - 20 of 52 Posts