Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
A "site supporter" is someone who donates $$$ to the forum. I became a site supporter back when this forum was still run by Vulcan 750 enthusiasts. I would have to think twice about it now, however I have gotten a LOT of useful information here, and that is definitely worth something.

I used to be a supporter of our local public TV station, then they started airing commercials, and I quit. I am not a believer in paying to watch commercials.

You will have to decide whether this site is worth paying something for. You decide how much you pay. I downloaded the entire Vulcan 750 service manual, that alone is worth more than what I have given to the site, and the information contained in the Vulcan Verses is actually worth more than the manual.

To me, motorcycles are a hobby, and hobbies cost money. I don't mind spending money if I get something for it, and the fact that this is now basically a commercially owned site bothers me a bit, but the information is still there. It costs money to keep a site like this going, more than you might think. So again it's up to you. There is also a very nice Yahoo Groups VN750 forum, and that one is free, so to speak. It is supported by advertising. You can even go to Yahoo Groups and start your own forum. But I tried it twice, for 2 different types of motorcycles, the most I ever got was 9 members. I still have an XT225 forum there, last post was over 3 months ago.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Now that this is a "commercial" site, what we're supposed to do to support it is click on an ad now and then. Clicks are what generate money here.

I was definitely thinking about donating a few bucks to the site back when it wasn't owned by... vertical scope?... but now that they have all those ads, clicking on them is what they're there for and that's what generates some money for the site. Doesn't cost us any money and it does generate money for the owners.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
If anyone really wants to donate money to a commercial enterprise please feel free to send it my way. I have a small company on the side and do custom work on a limited scale but would like to increase our activity and that takes money. Sending it to me will give you the same return that you get from donating to Vertical Scope. The information will still be available on this site and you would still be able to ask any and all questions about VN 750's and get excellent information from experienced riders. My company and this site are not connected in any way but at least I would appreciate the money more than VS. Also I'll send a personal thank you at least. (lol, but serious about accepting any free money sent my way)

·
Registered
555 Posts
who even knows who owns this site anymore?
Does the person own a vulcan???

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Best $15.00 I have ever spent. Where else can you find the entertainment and wealth of information this site has? As far as ads, I have NEVER had any ad or banner pop up on my screen.

·
Banned
431 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
What is a "Site Supporter"?

It kinda looks like a cross between a jock strap and a bra......

Yes, took six years, but I finally posted that joke.;)

The Knifemaker...
totally worth the wait :BLAM:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
41 - 53 of 53 Posts