Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Grips are such a personal preference type of thing it's hard to recommend something. I personally like the look of the Biltwell Kung Fu grips like the ones here. They are pretty cheap at only $18.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Grips are such a personal preference type of thing it's hard to recommend something.
x2

Presently, I still have the Stock grips. Personally, I like the Kury Grips, but are cost Prohibited ! (Many differing opinions about Kury Grips).

btw: VN750 Bars are 7/8 ".

:smiley_th

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I passed on a new set of Kury ISO grips on Ebay yesterday, they went for $26+ shipping, not too bad. I won't pay Kury's price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121054533763?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There are ISO knock offs for about the same price, either stiletto ends or flat caps, also on Ebay. I think the Throttle Boss will fit right on them too.

I'm gonna wait until she's on the road to buy grips, but the ISO style is what I want.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Hey WilliamTech? What have you heard about the Kury grips? Besides them being made of platinum I mean. lol

·
4,508 Posts
Hey WilliamTech? What have you heard about the Kury grips? Besides them being made of platinum I mean. lol
I have read:

Expensive, Garbage Grips, makes your hands smell of rubber, Nice looking grips, comfortable Grips.

A couple of active forum members are really down on them.

I have only sat on a bike with Kury's installed...I liked them...never rode with Kury Grips.

hope this helps

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Thanks, that's pretty much what I've seen on them too. Gonna try a set unless something changes my mind. Probably will try the knock offs unless I see a deal like yesterday. I'm not payin' $65-80 for grips.

Thought those revolver grips looked cool, then add the levers made with the .45 cal shells in holes across the top. Looking to get the wide blade levers. Definitely don't want the ones with the knife edges facing you... hmm, hey Knifemaker, saw some levers for you. lol

·
4,508 Posts
Thanks, that's pretty much what I've seen on them too. Gonna try a set unless something changes my mind. Probably will try the knock offs unless I see a deal like yesterday. I'm not payin' $65-80 for grips.
This is where I suspect:
makes your hands smell of rubber

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I have the Kury ISO's and love them, fits my hands much better and look great too (imo). When I first got my 04 I decided real fast that those stock grips had to go. And for $26 for a new set of Kurys, that aint bad at all, had I been looking I would have jumped all over that!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Kury ISO's and love them, fits my hands much better and look great too (imo). When I first got my 04 I decided real fast that those stock grips had to go. And for $26 for a new set of Kurys, that aint bad at all, had I been looking I would have jumped all over that!!

X2 on the Kury's they are real comfy and they keep allot of the vibration out of your hands.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I really like the added throttle boss, can actually release finger grip pressure and yet maintain throttle. I plan on adding one on the left as I have a tendensy to grip that side to tight and it causes that side grip to turn.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Maybe the rubber is recycled from Haitian underwear waistbands? Tennis shoes?

I shoulda bid on those Kurys, coulda sold them if the project dies. Woulda, coulda, shoulda

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
^^ LOL

Yea hind site is 20/20 !!

·
4,508 Posts
....do they create an odor on your hands ?

Approx. how much did you pay ?

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
^^ No and got mine from a part out bike (free)

·
4,508 Posts
^^ No and got mine from a part out bike (free)
Cool... great deal !

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Yea, I like those good deals!!!!!! One other thing about the Kury stuff is a lot of their products that have rubber cushions are replaceable and seem to be reasonably priced.

·
4,508 Posts
Yea, I like those good deals!!!!!! One other thing about the Kury stuff is a lot of their products that have rubber cushions are replaceable and seem to be reasonably priced.
Good to know.....I did not know that ! Tks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts