Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the r and r recolate do? u move the little box thing to the open.... whats it help? also whats the mcct conversion thing do?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Moving the R/R to the open air helps it keep cool. It is mounted under the battery and above the Goat Belly, not a good place, moving it to the open and aiding the cooling will help it last longer and the Stator also.

The MCCT is a Manual Cam Chain Tensioner, that is to replace the ACCT which get weak, Keeps the Cam chain quiet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moving the R/R to the open air helps it keep cool. It is mounted under the battery and above the Goat Belly, not a good place, moving it to the open and aiding the cooling will help it last longer and the Stator also.

The MCCT is a Manual Cam Chain Tensioner, that is to replace the ACCT which get weak, Keeps the Cam chain quiet.
gotcha... im gonna do the ear shaving thing soon but is there any other mods that looks good and or help performance?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
gotcha... im gonna do the ear shaving thing soon but is there any other mods that looks good and or help performance?
Put in a maintenance-free battery (goes along with the r/r relo) and lube your final drive splines. They're not "performance" oriented in the sense of gaining you more mpg or low-end torgue, but they save ya a lot of trouble down the pike as prevention efforts.

BTW, like the horn relo!!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
After market pipes look good. Performance is increased a little. I ride long distances most of the time and the noise level was to much for me. So I went back to stock pipes.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have some pipes now.... theyre rigged tho lol im gonna try to get the cobra pipes that x over to the right side, then 16in ape hangers, 2 in drop in the back.... also makes it rigid and ear shaving. i think that'll be a good start on some mods lol thanx i like the horn relo also... it was so easy lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts