Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at edge quick release brackets for a new set of bags. What do you guys use and where did you get them. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Those used to be branded Ghost Brackets, I hear they are pretty well made and have a lock to keep them from being stolen off the bike.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
For quick release my choice would be a hefty trash bag slipped inside my regular saddle bags. made carrying things into the hotel room much easier.:pepper:

Keeps the water from the melting ice easier to deal with too. COLD BEER

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a set of the Leather Lyke hard bags. The mount off of 2 studs on the frame rail, and have a plastic buffer that rest against the shock. no other guard installed. mounts and dismounts from the bike in seconds.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
since the VN750 isn't listed, which ones will work?
OR....do you need to modify them somehow to fit our bikes?

just curious.......
I thought you may have to mount them with one bolt and make a drop bracket for the other or simply mark and drill a hole in the backrest side plates wher needed to make them sit level.

Another tip is to go to the Dollar General and buy a couple of plastic cutting boards and bol them to the back side of your bags before mounting the easy bracket to it,it does away with a lot of the saddle bag droop. Or if you are buying new bags Check out the Viking bags with the rigid plastic backing, I had a set and liked them well enough and I believe Old dog has some now on his Sporty, link http://www.vikingbags.com/?gclid=CMft3NWjuLwCFQxo7Aodl2AA5A

don't be fooled by the price they are a good value IMO. They also sell the Edge brackets. I think I had the Charger large slanted bags with their mounting hardware and they fit the 750 pretty well. That site is a little higher priced than where I bought mine but that was few years back. The locking feature on them is pretty much a joke.Technically it could be called that but only barely. The removable brackets would be nice for taking them into a motel room,where they would be safer overnight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts