Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:BLAM:eek:.k. wheni bought my bike , it had 2900 miles on the tires, replaced the rear at about 6500, so i did not know about previous tire usage, brakes, acceleration, spin, etc. o.k. now i need another rear tire with13500 miles. i am not a throttle twister, nor heavy braker, hard downshifter, in other words, i can not understand the mileage issue. running dunlop now but am looking to buy metzler this coming week to give them a shot. the one person i have talked to personally says that is expected on a750. although , i have seen posted here much above that and one said (i believe) 20000 miles with good tread? i'm listening, thanks ride safe:carryflag

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
You are right I am close to 20,000 on my dunlops. I am entering 3 summers with them. I belive that they are legal down to 2/32 glove depth. I still have 4 or 5 32,s on mine. I am not very heavy 120 lbs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right I am close to 20,000 on my dunlops. I am entering 3 summers with them. I belive that they are legal down to 2/32 glove depth. I still have 4 or 5 32,s on mine. I am not very heavy 120 lbs.
i have abot 25 lbs. on you, so i would discount that, but the roads i ride on? also, the last 1000 or so i had ride on in them, and will go back in the metzler with it just in case it helps, advertised to help extend life of tire, i need it.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts