Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rockon: Taking the advise of some of our distinguished members,I removed the carb drain screw and shot gumout in the carb drain.I shot it until I saw it dripping out the breather vent hose.I got a little in my eye and had to rush to the water hose,but eye was ok.I didnt think I was accomplishing much,but I went ahead and shot the other carb.I drained the remaining gumout and opened the primary petcock valve and cleansed the carbs.I started the bike,very causiously,thought it might blow-up or something.I had my daughter hold the cell phone,in case we needed ems or fire dept or homeland security.It started fine.Thank God.I cruised for about 30 miles and the bike performed as if it were from some other planet.It had more power than I have ever experienced. While I was on the highway,I hit 95 mph faster than I ever had.I was going to go for 100,but I noticed a highway patrol car comming my way.It was awesome.When I got home,I shut the bike off and was going to give my son a ride.We went about a mile and it started bogging down again.I guess a piece of goop came loose and plugged the carb again.I got home and realized that my back tire was going flat.I love this world! You never know what's going to happen next.I will try to clean carbs again,after I get a new tire.:beerchug:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Bummer dude,but at least you may have a handle on the rough running part. What kind of tire are you going to put on? Seems Metzlers are the best from what I hear, I've got Dunlop 404's which I have been happy with, good tire for the $$

·
Geek
872 Posts
Sounds like you need Sea Foam

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
or both

1 - 5 of 5 Posts