Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the weather continues to be on the warm side here in the NE, naturally because I had no other plans due to everything starting to shutdown again I decided yesterday that I was going to take a ride today. I texted a buddy yesterday and asked if he was going to be around today to ride and never heard back from him. Unusual for him not to respond.
I head out solo today for a couples hours. Nice ride, cloudy, warm, an almost no wind. 10 minutes after I get home I hear someone calling my name out front. I go out and it my buddy, he’s all banged up and on the brink of tears. Turns out a guy cut him off yesterday in traffic. He dumped the bike to avoid going head on into the guy and spun and still got clipped. Thankfully he’s vertical. The collision actually cracked his helmet, but here’s the kicker, he’s the type who usually doesn’t throw on his helmet when running short trips. But this particular time he pulled over and strapped it on literally 3 blocks before he got hit. Talk about a guardian angel....
Folks, please please wear the gear
I’m relieved he’s ok, I feel bad for him because he said he thinks he’s done riding. The bike that is secondary in this situation is most likely totaled , it’s a 2006 Vulcan 1600. Here it is in the pic with my bike.
Just passing on a reminder to be careful

be safe

Attachments

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
"What were the chances?" during this year?!.......slim next to none! thank the powers that be, your friend had a blip of wisdom and slapped on his brain bucket. I'm sad to hear the bike was totaled (that was a really nice ride), but better the bike than your friend. bikes can be replaced, people not so much.

I can understand your friend saying he believes he's done with riding. that's natural. but, who knows, he may change his mind and decide to get back on the horse again someday. whatever his decision ends up being, be a true friend and respect it. I've been there, done that too (3 times). not fun! right after the third time it happened, I thought the same thing too. but, it didn't stop me, I'm back in the saddle. but then again, I'm just a dolt! lol

I'm glad you friend lived to tell the tale. sorry for the bike and agree, wear the gear.

oh, and tell your friend to go buy a lottery ticket. because with odds like that, he's bound to win something!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts