Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on jackets for the wet... or all around. I have the typical biker jacket with good liner for the cold stuff. Just found myself caught in 2 rain storms with no real help(read t-shirt). Any suggestions, preferences

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I use frogg toggs. They are waterproof, breathable, and affordable. The set I have cost me $80. The pants and jacket are easy to put on and do keep me dry and comfortable. They are very lightweight and compact. I talked to a guy the other day who was really glad that he switched from an expensive rain suit to the frogg toggs.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I will be buying a set of frogg Toggs.. I rode 100 miles and 2.5 hours of back roads yesterday-- all in the rain.. my leather chaps obviously didn't do anything, but my tour master flex jacket was AMAZING!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
$30 Stearns rainsuit from Wal-Mart. Keeps me dry, and seems to be quite durable. I just wish the pockets opened and snapped in the opposite direction - they open from the front.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Best wet weather gear I have found is a Chevrolet Tahoe.
:motorcycl :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry, I know I was being a smartazz, but I just couldn't resist. :LOL

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Ohh... so you're one of THOSE...

Frogg toggs are great for casual use but don't hold up to abuse (see... it rhymes..)... the PVC coated stuff will hold up better, but it's less comfortable....

Best wet weather gear I have found is a Chevrolet Tahoe.
:motorcycl :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts