Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to budget restrictions I've used OEM tires most of my riding career. With gas prices up, I'm using my bikes as much for commuting as for enjoyment. Now that the wet season is here, can you all recommend a tire brand that works well in cooler wet weather that won't break the bank? I've had good useage from Cheng Shin and IRC Duo Tours: both front and rear can be purchased and installed for under $100 at my local shop. I like matching front rear sets, but I need to replace the rear soon.

Thanks,

Dirtrack

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Other than the cheap tires (Chin's) I would try to find a good price on a set of Continetal or Bridgestones. Next up price wise would be Dunlop, Avon and then the ever popular Metzlers.
If you do a bit of searching online, you might find a good deal online.

I would suggest, if you can swing the price, to go with the Avon Venoms, as many say they work well in cold and rain.

KM

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can attest to the Avon Venoms. Work real well in the rain and have a pretty agressive tread pattern. I think I got my set from Bikebandit and they showed up in 3-4 days.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have Pirelli Route 66 tire (front & back) with good results in the wet and they are not very expesive. They seem to be on the good side of durability but had only about 1000 miles on them.
Try doing some price hunting on the internet... that's your best bet on a good deal on a good set of tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts