Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With school I have been riding the tu250 (really awesome bike) and ignoring the issues the vulcan has (and going to follow the gf to wherever her residency takes her in March) so I am going to sell the bike.

It is a 1994 with 30,800 miles on the od. It has new forks/seals, progressive rear suspension, new air filters, carbs are all cleaned up, led brake light, and the tires are under 2k miles. Here is the skinny- water was leaking into the gas cap which caused problems. Replaced the seals, but the tank looks a bit rusty. It has been sitting since June. It would run on both cylinders for a few seconds and then settle on only the front. It has a good spark on all plugs but the coil resistance is a touch out of spec. Cleaned the carbs but it still has the same issues.

It has some dings on the tank and isn't going to win a beauty contest, but before the water-in-gas issue it took me on week long trips all around the east coast.

If you are interested- make me an offer. Would have to be picked up since it doesn't run (last start was in June). I really, really don't feel like parting it out due to school taking up all my time (but I am an ME major so taking it apart would feel cool...) and living in a city puts a damper on most big projects.

As a first bike I will not be forgetting it soon.

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
man I would love to come down and pick that up. Problem is I'd only be able to come up with like $250 at any given time because I'm going back to school (ugh...more school). I know you can get more than that for it though. Good luck...shame I won't be able to pick that up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, I know what you mean. My schooling was international relations, but I'm redoing the bachelors for what I really wanted- mechanical engineering.

It is difficult selling (or buying) a bike in a city. I just thought I would post here before I go to the craigslist nutjobs.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
With school I have been riding the tu250 (really awesome bike) and ignoring the issues the vulcan has (and going to follow the gf to wherever her residency takes her in March) so I am going to sell the bike.

It is a 1994 with 30,800 miles on the od. It has new forks/seals, progressive rear suspension, new air filters, carbs are all cleaned up, led brake light, and the tires are under 2k miles. Here is the skinny- water was leaking into the gas cap which caused problems. Replaced the seals, but the tank looks a bit rusty. It has been sitting since June. It would run on both cylinders for a few seconds and then settle on only the front. It has a good spark on all plugs but the coil resistance is a touch out of spec. Cleaned the carbs but it still has the same issues.

It has some dings on the tank and isn't going to win a beauty contest, but before the water-in-gas issue it took me on week long trips all around the east coast.

If you are interested- make me an offer. Would have to be picked up since it doesn't run (last start was in June). I really, really don't feel like parting it out due to school taking up all my time (but I am an ME major so taking it apart would feel cool...) and living in a city puts a damper on most big projects.

As a first bike I will not be forgetting it soon.
Looks like the rear fender has been munched by the license plate bracket and light housing too. :(

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hey Papa...try posting some of the outlying Craigslists from you...ie a lil more to the rural....lotta folks are lookin for winter projects around now, and are willing to drive...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'll prob go that route. As for the "bumper" dent. I completely forgot about that! It was an odd event- I was rear ended by a dump truck at a stop light. By rear ended I mean bumped. I thought the bike had stalled as if I just absent mindedly dropped the clutch, but the bike was still running. Then I noticed the big truck taking up my entire mirrors. I had some words with him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts