Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rain Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, today, and up to tomorrow evening!? C'mon Mama Nature, cut us some slack! It's Spring!!!! This weekend is supposed to be miraculous though. Anyone plan on being out riding? I have a wedding to go to but I'm thinking 'bout taking the bike...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rained hear all of April and most of this month so far wettest April every recorded, defo not biking weather just have to run the bikes on the odd morning it hasn't rained so thats twice in the last 6weeks mother nature has lost the plot!! :(

·
2,517 Posts
We're in the same boat over here Liberty, next week doesn't look any better either. Thank God for the weekend.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Got a confirmation to go to on sat but i'm takin bikester and puttin Jeans in the saddlebags. Out of the way kids, were done here and uncle Dave's got riding to do. ;) I'll Try not to scare any of the real lil' ones though.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Weather is great here in Cali. Went for a ride along the beach with a chitty grin on my face.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I been ridin a lil "in between the drops"...for some reason, a lotta the real bad storms bypass me (except for snow) and hit on the flats on the other sides of my east and west mountains. No rain today, rode about 70 miles. No real rain for tomorrow, except for a "chance t-storm" in the afternoon. And I'll prolly be riding down to the next county on Sun to see my Mom for Moms Day.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a confirmation to go to on sat but i'm takin bikester and puttin Jeans in the saddlebags. Out of the way kids, were done here and uncle Dave's got riding to do. ;) I'll Try not to scare any of the real lil' ones though.
LOLOL!!!! I'm seeing stock pipes, you should be aight. ;)

Well it cleared up earlier than anticipated. It's partly cloudy now and not suppose to rain the rest of the weekend. I'll take that any day. Julz' uncle died though so now instead of just the wedding, I have a funeral tomorrow morning and afternoon, a rehersal dinner (2 hours away) tomorrow night, a wedding Saturday, and the reception Saturday night. I'm busier now than when I was working full time and in school!! Whoooo doggy!!! :wow:

Maybe I can sneak some riding in on Sunday... :motorcycl

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Like DEUCE, I was out following the coast yesterday. Nice ride until the fog rolled in!

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Rain Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, today, and up to tomorrow evening!? C'mon Mama Nature, cut us some slack! It's Spring!!!! This weekend is supposed to be miraculous though. Anyone plan on being out riding? I have a wedding to go to but I'm thinking 'bout taking the bike...
Actually gonna take a ride on Saturday to right down by you, to visit a friend in Tewksbury. Then there's another chance of rain every day for another week!!!!!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Actually gonna take a ride on Saturday to right down by you, to visit a friend in Tewksbury. Then there's another chance of rain every day for another week!!!!!
Aw dude, that's like 12 minutes away from me! We might have been able to take a ride after your visit. Maybe next time -- when I don't have a funeral and a wedding in the same weekend. LOL!!!! :beerchug:

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Aw dude, that's like 12 minutes away from me! We might have been able to take a ride after your visit. Maybe next time -- when I don't have a funeral and a wedding in the same weekend. LOL!!!! :beerchug:
Sure, I'll be visiting him throughout the summer, and always on the bike!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Went down to Mom's Sat instead of Sun (Sun forecast called for Tstorms after lunch Sun, never came)...but was a 90mi round trip though Hell...Rockland County, NY...dunno how you guys in more populated areas can do it. Gimme the woods, mountains and farm roads....oh, and an occasional 30mph in a 55 tourist, lol....goes with the turf...

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, the weather this weekend was phenomenal! Doesn't get much nicer than that! I was running around like crazy but thinking about the bike the whole time. The Jul and I drove from south Jersey to north Jersey on Saturday afternoon, I saw SO many bikes on the road. I hope you guys were out taking advantage too...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I'm busier now than when I was working full time and in school!! Whoooo doggy!!! :wow:
What are you sayin', LP? Have you joined the ranks of us unemployed?

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, but after rereading my post, that's exactly what it sounds like! Sorry about that! No, nothing like that. It's just right now I'm working full time, still flying when I'm needed, still writing, and dating Julie full time. Between all that, weddings, funerals, b-days, holidays, and the like - it's becoming difficult to work in riding time. AND I'm getting another bike!!! LOL!!! Maybe I should rethink this idea. Ahh, screw that. I gotta b-day coming up and have a tax return to spend. I'm getting it. LOLOLOL!!!!

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
No, but after rereading my post, that's exactly what it sounds like! Sorry about that! No, nothing like that. It's just right now I'm working full time, still flying when I'm needed, still writing, and dating Julie full time. Between all that, weddings, funerals, b-days, holidays, and the like - it's becoming difficult to work in riding time. AND I'm getting another bike!!! LOL!!! Maybe I should rethink this idea. Ahh, screw that. I gotta b-day coming up and have a tax return to spend. I'm getting it. LOLOLOL!!!!

Will the new bike be for you and which one are you getting? I have decided that it is time to finish my bike soon and then move up to something larger for my own personal peace of mind on longer trips.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will the new bike be for you and which one are you getting? I have decided that it is time to finish my bike soon and then move up to something larger for my own personal peace of mind on longer trips.
Hi Tom! You mean put the finishing touches on your 750 so you can sell it - then get something bigger?

Yes, the bike is for me and it's this one:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcd/3000849384.html

Let me know when you start bike hunting. I have a loads of practice and I thoroughly enjoy it...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hi Tom! You mean put the finishing touches on your 750 so you can sell it - then get something bigger?

Yes, the bike is for me and it's this one:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcd/3000849384.html

Let me know when you start bike hunting. I have a loads of practice and I thoroughly enjoy it...
Yes, it is time to finish things and as much as I would rather keep the 750 and just add another horse to the stable the space restraints here at the house will not allow it. I recently test rode several 2013 Victory machines and I know I have to move up from the 750 at this point. The local dealership had a Victory Day two weeks ago and after being out on the road with 106 ci underneath me I know I have to move up. For the present time I will be finishing some of the projects I have started and get the Vulcan ready to go and continue looking at all the options out there for a replacement. I want to test ride the Kawasaki machines next and maybe even some HD's. There are a lot of nice bikes out there right now. Give me a shout so we can ride together soon.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ That's a great idea, I'm in. I called you Saturday but I know you were on night work so were prolly sleepin' - no worries.

I wonder if I'll take anyone by surprise pulling up on the giant meanie then asking to test ride sportbikes. LOL!!! The bike I went to see on Friday was a total bust - unequivically laughable! I'll post about it in the thread I started in the belly. Should make an entertaining read. This guy was a total bonehead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts