Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HarryTX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go for a quick ride before it got too ungodly hot this morning. (85 degrees before daylight this morning)

Got across town from home and the throttle cable broke. Luckily, the Wally world parking lot was handy and I had a place to stop.

I opened up the cover and sure enough the throttle cable had snapped inside the cover. So, I took the throttle return cable and moved it to the throttle at the carb and throttle grip.

It's works but does feel a bit odd at first, probably from the spring snapping the throttle back when the throttle is released.

But works to get it home. Think I'll just replace both cables, they are 30 years old after all.

Attachments

·
HarryTX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your not the first person to have done that to get home...
I'd imagine not. The VN 750 has been around for a long time.

That return cable DOES come in handy though doesn't it?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I've seen a few guys remove the return cable. Guess they never had to do this. :D

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I've used needle nose vice grips doc-taped(thank you Hexidecimus for that term;)) to the throttle grip

Reactions: Paulywog

·
HarryTX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used needle nose vice grips doc-taped(thank you Hexidecimus for that term;)) to the throttle grip
Chuckle... The first thing that came to mind was to wonder if I could use a pair of vice grips on the cable to operate the throttle.

Luckily, I quickly realized that I didn't have to go that route.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I didn't have a return cable

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've done that before with my dirtbike. Lasted for an entire day of some fun woods riding!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts