Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N.C. PLEXIFAIRING 3 WINDSHIELD
did some extra work and finally bought it. will be here weds

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Had one on my last bike, Great for winter riding but a bit too much for me in warmer weather.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was told too, figure early spring, fall and winter riding. take it off when the mercury hits 70

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
N.C. PLEXIFAIRING 3 WINDSHIELD
did some extra work and finally bought it. will be here weds
I have thought about the Plexifairing 2 Windshield for some time and I think this is the time to drop the hammer. Who did you order from? I believe the only difference between the 2 and the 3 are the lower portions on the 3. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought about the Plexifairing 2 Windshield for some time and I think this is the time to drop the hammer. Who did you order from? I believe the only difference between the 2 and the 3 are the lower portions on the 3. Is that correct?
i got mine thru motorcycle superstore. 215.99 and free shipping. yes the lowers are incorporated into the version 3 and claims will come off in a minute. i was looking at a memphis fats but i think this one will do better. ill have it weds. and ill post pics

·
2,501 Posts
i got mine thru motorcycle superstore. 215.99 and free shipping. yes the lowers are incorporated into the version 3 and claims will come off in a minute. i was looking at a memphis fats but i think this one will do better. ill have it weds. and ill post pics
Thanks for the information and good luck. I have seen them a few times and they seem to be pretty good in my opinion. I will be interested in hearing how easy the install/removal is. If they really do come off in as sort a time as claimed my search will be complete. That price with free shipping seems to be about the lowest I have seen so far.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When (if) I ever get mine titled I was thinking of adding the Plexifairing 3 as well. I'd be very interested in your thoughts once you get it. Hopefully some pics as well.

·
2,501 Posts
Just to clarify future discussions, it's the Plexifairing 3 and the Plexistar 2....not the Plexifairing 2.
I had the Plexistar 2....used it year round.
Thanks for that clarification and I was probably the one that started the wrong name on this thread. I didn't mean to cause any confusion but I am glad I know now for when I start looking up prices to spend my Christmas money on.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

well it got here safe and sound. everything is there and just going over installation instructions. got a couple of days of rain so it will be a bit before i get to put it on the bike. loooks like it will work out great, of course twink had to give it his approval

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its on......

Since the sun peaked out and it wasnt raining i got the chance to get it on.
directions were decent, took me longer because i had to move the light bar to mount the hardware but it went well. Arthritis in my wrists and hands didnt help any, thank god for meds.
I have to do some final tweaking on the mounts but it does make a huge difference. she took a little starting fluid and alot of cranking but she started and i took her for a short run around the block to clean out some carbon. i have the windshield height just above the eyes right now, but i can raise my head enough to see over it if it gets funky.
i need to make some clearance between the shield and the light bar but thats easy to do with the grinder. only drawback i see is i have to get a bigger cover for her. 215.99 with free shipping was worth it

·
2,501 Posts
goofin said:
Since the sun peaked out and it wasnt raining i got the chance to get it on.
directions were decent, took me longer because i had to move the light bar to mount the hardware but it went well. Arthritis in my wrists and hands didnt help any, thank god for meds.
I have to do some final tweaking on the mounts but it does make a huge difference. she took a little starting fluid and alot of cranking but she started and i took her for a short run around the block to clean out some carbon. i have the windshield height just above the eyes right now, but i can raise my head enough to see over it if it gets funky.
i need to make some clearance between the shield and the light bar but thats easy to do with the grinder. only drawback i see is i have to get a bigger cover for her. 215.99 with free shipping was worth it
I am glad it worked out for you. I will be making my decision soon regarding my order of the II or the III.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Plan on painting or tinting the lower end of it ?.....if you do, paint from the inside....that way the paint wont get scratched....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for posting up the pic's. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Plexifairing3 on mine, if I can ever get the darn thing titled..

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The bike is looking sharp brother! I like the look of the clear lenses on the blinkers.

As far as the lower portions of the PlexiFairing goes, I see it covers the Blinkers and the Running lights on the light bar.

Question: Do you notice any issues with having the light bar behind the curved lowers of the fairing? I am curious if shining the LED lights through the fairing causes and reflections or refraction of the beam.

I also know my LED pods on the light bar (I believe you have the same ones) throw off some nice heat in the light beam. Do you anticipate it causing any issues with the plexifairing....dicoloring or like melting?? maybe you have a big enough air gap between the LED bulbs and the plastic so that it won't be an issue. I kinda like the fact that everything is protected behind the fairing!

EDIT....after looking closer at your pics, I think maybe the light bar pods are in front of the fairing lowers?? Let me know if I am seeing it correctly.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have to tweak the shield some, i think it needs to raised up a bit. the directions say they want the shield at the same angle of the forks. the only thing i need to do is clearance the light mount between the shield and the mount for the lights. i may slip some vaccum hose over it to protect it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts