Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I put the bike up on the trailer and took it to North Myrtle Beach with us.

First ride out...not half a block away...I feel something hit my foot, and then a "clang" sound on the road. I stop. Get off the bike. The lower right brace for the windshield fell off. Why? The plastic clamp holding it split apart.

So, I ride back to the condo, and take the windshield off. As I do...the upper right brace breaks off from the windshield. :BLAM:

So...do I replace the braces and brackets? Or the entire windshield?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would use it as an excuse to get a new windshield, but that's only because I want a new one. Any way, what brand windshield? Some of the hardware out there is more expensive than the windshields.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I can't remember if you had the national cycle windshield on when you had it Ron's. If you did, talk to Ron about getting the parts. If you have the Memphis shades windshield, I would just get a new windshield. The parts for those are not cheap at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Not sure what windshield you have...are you saying something broke off the windsheild itself ?

I will however mention that I would remove the windsheild when trailering it. Yes, they should be able to handle the air hitting it the same as when you are riding it, but I have seen windsheilds crack or break when being trailered.

The reason it seems is the proximity to the back of the car or truck can produce turbulance around the sheild not possible when riding the bike normally. (Ever see a street sign shake back in forth in a strong wind?)

Am not sure if the brackets died because this in asbrand's case, but just a heads up for those that plan on trailering their bike in an open trailer.

You should also of course not cover the bike, as the wind will beat the finish off parts and painted surfaces , using the cover as it's hammer. Tape down loose ends of tie-down straps that can touch the bike.

KM

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I left the windshield on. I'm sure that's what did it.

I'll try to get some photos of it and post 'em to show you guys what broke.

You can see my windshield here:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
You should be able to replace those. check on NC's site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts