Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. Can’t find anywhere the same coolant reservoir tank.
Mine had a small crack and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t as bad.. and IT WAS!! Cracked open in two spots. So I am trying to find replacement and there is nothing….new or used.
i fount one only used, but really filthy condition and expensive.
Does anyone have one from an old bike or so?? Or anyone has ever replaced this with an aftermarket that can fit there??
thank you

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
That’s probably brilliant…!! Looks about the right size!! I can’t wait for the jokes of the bike’s drinking problems…😃
Think I just saw the dirty one on ebay, some Super Clean will probably whiten that up, but the shipping seemed high.

You still have the black cover for the tank?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I finally found something different that works and fit. And I like a lot the way it looks!! It comes with an o ring bracket but it wouldn’t fit very well the way I wanted to fit, so I just use the one part and zip ties.
Also, because it has the two plugs on the same hight, I used another little fitting hose to reach the bottom part. looks like it works fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I like it, love the look, the color and the indicator tube on the side. 👍👍
Yeah!! Thank you!! I have already a few red
Parts, so I was like, why not??
the only other good I found was a metal box with fittings on different place and indication like this, 500ml, but was a little bit bigger and I had to find a better location to put it. So I end up with that which is 350ml.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course now that you don't need it ..... Still a bit high on the price.

That’s a good deal…!! 😞
I have already fixed the new one, so I don’t really need it.

although, I have again a small leak on the top of the engine when the metal firing connects…! :/ that’s when it’s cold. So I weird I didn’t touch that part. And I checked under the tank if it’s being pressed down or so

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
That’s a good deal…!! 😞
I have already fixed the new one, so I don’t really need it.

although, I have again a small leak on the top of the engine when the metal firing connects…! :/ that’s when it’s cold. So I weird I didn’t touch that part. And I checked under the tank if it’s being pressed down or so
Probably a leaking o-ring on the coolant tube, I put two on each one when I replaced mine. A little Vaseline or waterproof grease helps them seal. Clean any corrosion out of the hole and the tube.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably a leaking o-ring on the coolant tube, I put two on each one when I replaced mine. A little Vaseline or waterproof grease helps them seal. Clean any corrosion out of the hole and the tube.
Oh ok thank you!!
So I need to drain oil again you think to just access and open that? Or just the coolant?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Oh ok thank you!!
So I need to drain oil again you think to just access and open that? Or just the coolant?
If we're talking about the coolant tubes, you don't need to drain the oil. Might lose a little coolant when you disconnect the hose. Do it cold.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Yeah of course, ok so not even drain the coolant really then. Thanx!
You're welcome.

Yes just put some rags on the heads and maybe a large plastic cup to catch as you pull the hose but you shouldn't spill very much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts