Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i started a thread a while back, about tires, i got some great advice on tires, and went with the Kenda Kruz and oversize front/rear.
I just got the tires back on the bike and now i have a weird problem.

The bike wants to die.
I still have it up on the stand, i put it in 1st gear, holding the clutch in, and the rear tire spins!!! Should it spin like that in 1st with the clutch in??
Then as soon as i give her gas and start to release the clutch, its like the rpms go up and then down and she dies!!

I don't know whats up?? I didn't mess with the engine, clutch, or any of that.
I took the main drive shaft off to check on my splines, cuz i did the spline lube like 2 months ago.

And I must say, putting on an oversize rear tire wasn't easy. It really wouldnt fit between the right swingarm point and the driveshaft area. So i had to remove the driveshaft and then get the tire up pas toward the mid of the rim area and then put the driveshaft back on, then manuever the tire/rim into place.

Help me! Lol. I can't wait to get on the road with my new tires.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
is the side stand down as well?

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the kickstand??? Cuz it has that auto kill if its down!!!!

Heck.. damit.. your'e dead on, lol!! Thanks.
"Where's my Sign?"
LOL
Blonde moment!!

Oh gosh, that was easy lol

And the winner of the Dumby Award of the Week is.... ME!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
don't be so hard on yourself,we all mess up and overlook the simple things,if you never did any thing wrong you never did anything and next time you mount an oversize rear tire just don't air it up till you roll it in place and put the centerstand on a 2x6 for extra room,it works for me;) Ask me how I know about the kickstand thing,LOL

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I did the kickstand thing at a rest stop. Kept starting the bike and letting out on the clutch...then it would die....people were staring....then i looked down in despair....saw the kickstand down...oops!

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Off Thread, a little...

I turned my fuel off at a carwash, thinking I was putting it on reserve. Left the carwash, got a block or so, and it stopped. I was sure I had got water in it somewhere. To make matters worse, a couple little kids...maybe 13 ys old, kept asking, "Did you break it, mister...you want us to push you?" Took me a looong minute to fix it. FFH hid the red face.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Better than forgetting to put the kickstand down and then getting off the bike.:BLAM:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Better than forgetting to put the kickstand down and then getting off the bike.:BLAM:
I've done that one years ago and earned the knick name of "Kick Stand" from a few buddies for a long time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
used to forget to put my feet down at stop lights years ago. that will definitely get some unwanted attention.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Hey, at least it's a quick, cost free fix!

·
Registered
35 Posts
that's ok, i DID put the kickstand down, got off and then proceeded to go toward the door to inside and take my helmet off and i turn back and it is slowly tipping over. luckily no real damage. god damn. then i had the fun of manhandling her back up. ugh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts