Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Have not posted lately. My thanks to all who have posted. I enjoy reading about what everyone is doing. As for me I got new Metzler ME 880s on the bike. So many of you said they are a good tire I had to try them. I hope to get more mileage out of them as I have only gotten about 7500 ML out of the last two sets of dunlaps. They were higher priced so I hope they are worth it. Seth: :smiley_th

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
I havent worn mine out but i just got them the beggining of winter... i was told the milage isnt the advantage of these tires because of the soft sticky wet weather ability of these tires, i Live in seattle and the fact that the pavement is wet 12 out of 12 months a year... This is why i chose this tire... I hope u have many safe miles this ridin season

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thought it was more like 13 out of 12 months out of the year.

·
Registered
950 Posts
What size Metzelers you go with? The 170 in back or stay stock 150.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i went with stock in the rear and the 110 up front 110 for speedo adjustment and stock in the rear for the shear principal that kawi spends thousands of dollars to 'design' something and with all the weather i didnt want to float on top of it its my only driver its drivin rain or shine and dont quote me on this but this bike has the longest run out of anybike ive ever seen its a lot of years they kept it the same...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I would have to agree with you on that, I think the ninja 250 was a year or two longer. But I'm not sure if they ever changed tire size, I don't think they did.

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
...stock in the rear for the shear principal that kawi spends thousands of dollars to 'design' something...
I would not rely on that being the best way to go... sometimes they spend thousands to design something but still end up with a turd. Once that design budget is used up though, they do not want to spend another dime fixing the problems so we (owners and aftermarket suppliers) are left to figure it out on our own sometimes.

Often, designs are also made based on assumptions... those assumptions may not always be true in the real world either so it comes time to compromise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts