Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike running on one cylinder and water slowly dripping out of rear cylinder exhaust pipe. Well at least with a twin you can stumble home?? I assume this is not good news for the Japan Harley. Any one have this problem and what was the fix. I am going to try that crap they sell at the auto store for repairing cracked heads...it's cheap but not sure if it will work. Any help I do appreciated it.

JoeBro

2000 VN750

13 K

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
If it is only running on one cylinder, be sure the liquid flowing out is antifreeze and not gas. Is the anitfreeze getting less & less in the overflow bottle? Putting in stop leak can clog up important coolant passages so make sure it is a coolant leak before using it.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Without more information on the bike, year, how much ridden etc, we don't have much to go on. But Check your battery, most of the time the reason for firing on one cylinder is low voltage. You are using seafoam, right? Also check plug wires, boots for cracking arcing. Right side plug has a tendency to arc against the throttle cables. Check wires to coils make sure they are clean and tight connections. Check your two grounds, make sure they are clean and making good contact. Check your battery connections, etc.. So start with this and then if that does not resolve the problem, give us more details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts