Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just remindin folks (myself too) that school is startin back up, and there are all kinds of big mamas out there, half asleep takin those lil yard apes to school in their big SUVs, and might be on the cell phone to boot, of course there are the school buses & LEOs to watch for too... Don't scold me too bad, y'all slap us old farts enough, gotta get back a bit...lol...
BTW-A friend hit a deer yesterday with his PU, so watch out a bit for them also...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Good reminder! I think we could all go without more "laid her down" posts on here :) Keep safe guys and gals!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Just remindin folks (myself too) that school is startin back up, and there are all kinds of big mamas out there, half asleep takin those lil yard apes to school in their big SUVs, and might be on the cell phone to boot, of course there are the school buses & LEOs to watch for too... Don't scold me too bad, y'all slap us old farts enough, gotta get back a bit...lol...
BTW-A friend hit a deer yesterday with his PU, so watch out a bit for them also...
So is this the *Year around school schedule*, where the kids don`t get the 2 or 3 month summer holiday?

Is this school schedule common all over the US?

Most schools here take all of July and August off for holidays.

I have heard of a modified schedule in use in other places, where the school population is divided into 4 groups (I think). The school is in use pretty much all year long, with 3 groups attending school at any given time, and one group having a 1 week holiday on a rotating basis. There may be a one month period in July when everybody has a common holiday. I may not have all the details 100% right, but this is the gist of the schedule as I understand it.

Is this the school schedule you are talking about OD.
I have not been south of the 49th for many years, and without this post, I would not know that the rug rats were back in school in August!
How the heck are drivers, especially those from out of state/country supposed to know which schools are in session and which aren`t? :confused:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is this the *Year around school schedule*, where the kids don`t get the 2 or 3 month summer holiday?

Is this school schedule common all over the US?

Most schools here take all of July and August off for holidays.

I have heard of a modified schedule in use in other places, where the school population is divided into 4 groups (I think). The school is in use pretty much all year long, with 3 groups attending school at any given time, and one group having a 1 week holiday on a rotating basis. There may be a one month period in July when everybody has a common holiday. I may not have all the details 100% right, but this is the gist of the schedule as I understand it.

Is this the school schedule you are talking about OD.
I have not been south of the 49th for many years, and without this post, I would not know that the rug rats were back in school in August!
How the heck are drivers, especially those from out of state/country supposed to know which schools are in session and which aren`t? :confused:
Bout the same here, I don't keep up with it exactly but I think they let out in March near Easter and most go back around the 1st week of Aug. or there abouts...
I just saw on the news that a school or two was startin back up...

Also saw that a few schools were lookin at the year around school and with short breaks...

Nothing is common in the US anymore OHC, don't see why the schools would be different...lol...
If you are confused, welcome to the crowd...lol...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
As a school kid in the 60s, I was jealous of my American cousins in Utah and Nevada who got an extra month of summer holidays in June.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts