Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, Folks -
Never take your engine apart and wait 18 months to put it back together. :doh: I'm down to just putting the engine covers back on and found a "spare" washer that was sitting with my right side engine cover. It's about 2.5 cm in diameter and probably 3 mm in thickness. Black. I think it goes between the starter idler gear and the engine cover, but none of my diagrams (either in the service manual or Clymer's) is being very helpful. Can someone confirm before I button up that side?

Thanks! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey, Folks -
Never take your engine apart and wait 18 months to put it back together. :doh: I'm down to just putting the engine covers back on and found a "spare" washer that was sitting with my right side engine cover. It's about 2.5 cm in diameter and probably 3 mm in thickness. Black. I think it goes between the starter idler gear and the engine cover, but none of my diagrams (either in the service manual or Clymer's) is being very helpful. Can someone confirm before I button up that side?

Thanks! :beerchug:
I have looked at the parts break down on cheapcycle parts fiche and i can't find a picture or reference to it either .That being said I am betting you are on the right track I can't imagine that gear not having a spacer or thrust washer and it being plastic makes me believe it is a spacer and knowing your rep for thoroughness ,I can't see it being with that cover if you didn't mean for it to be there.I do know that my 1500 has a spacer that you have to keep up with on the right side for the starter,

Check gadgets fix it page and see if there is anything on the 750 that would help with that,I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.:(

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vote of confidence helps! It does seem like there should be something between the gear and the case, just as an extra precaution. And I can't see anywhere else where it should go. I'll do a little more checking and then bolt it down. How bad could a mix-up be? LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts