Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan was to get it cleaned up after a week of riding in the rain and get it ready for next week. It started snowing just as I was pulling it out of the garage. I went ahead and washed it anyway. Then, put it back in the garage to dry off.

Now there is at least an inch of snow on the ground. Hopefully it will warm back up soon. :doh:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
You got hit by the dreaded weather demon that dsenses when you have a clean bike or car. Have a riding bell?

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I love the hard case on the back. Is that a stock Kaw rack? It doesn't look like you can get in and out of the tool kit trunk. What kind of hard case did you buy, and how well does it open/close, lock, etc.?

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the hard case on the back. Is that a stock Kaw rack? It doesn't look like you can get in and out of the tool kit trunk. What kind of hard case did you buy, and how well does it open/close, lock, etc.?
It works pretty decent for what it is. I believe I have the factory rack. It mounts with a quick mount base plate to allow quick removal of the whole truck to access the tool kit pocket.

The way I have it mounted, I can open it about 85% of the way on the bike. That is enough to pull my books out and put my helmet inside.

It takes 1.5 seconds to remove the trunk with the key and carry it with you because of the quick connect base plate.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
that is a good lookin bike, you shoul throw some specs in your signature like year, miles, mods and whatnots.
and easy, why would you want to get in that little trunk with storage space like that. just a thought!

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
and easy, why would you want to get in that little trunk with storage space like that. just a thought!
What I really meant to ask is this: How do you open the lid with the top case fitted so snugly against the little tool trunk/backrest? But if you can get a helmet in and out of it (opening it 85% of the way), then that's good enough for me. I hardly ever use my little tool trunk, but I could really use a lockable, EZ-install hard case that will fit on my stock Kaw rack!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts