Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there was a post a couple of days ago where someone was asking about getting a left side of a crankcase; and Ol' Hoss from Canada said, "You gotta match your halves 'cause they are machined together. Robins should appear soon." This is as soon as I could appear, sorry. But I do have an engine that I'm tearing down and could disassemble if whoever needed the crankcase is still out there. Oh, it's an '85, so the case is black - just an FYI.

Also, if anyone needs other engine parts, this is The Guest engine and I am breakin' her down. Parts that I know aren't any good are the dampers in the left side balancer and the rear cyl head gasket. Pick-up coils were just removed and were fine; stator actually looks really good. Anything else you all might need, shout out. THis one's going to the dump if it can't be an organ donor. :hitanykey

·
58D IP/SP
26 Posts
Ugly Shrek was looking for one. I'll either send him a PM or talk to him in the morning at work.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I;m looking for an oil pump drive chain tensioner, but the 85 doesn't have it.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I;m looking for an oil pump drive chain tensioner, but the 85 doesn't have it.
It doesn't??? Wow. What mechanism does the 85 use for circulation? I just sent the chain to J.D. (who had requested it waaaay back when). Maybe check in with him and see if he still needs it (or got it as a back-up). :smiley_th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts