Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday 9-Jan-11 for a little over an hour. Anybody else out there bravin' the cold? I was the only bike I saw and the guy with the plow on the front of his truck gave me kind of a funny look. LOL!!! Just curious who's still out there.:motorcycl

·
Registered
293 Posts
I rode a little yesterday, but we were pushing 50 degrees so it wasn't all that cold.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I was out after I got home from my midnight work shift. Put on the ususal warm gear and hit the road for a few hours again. There were a few riders out but we certainly were in the minority. I can not see letting this weather go to waste when the roads are still dry. I believe the cold air is about to hit us for a few days soon but once it passes through I will be back out again.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Me too, I won't waste a sunny day just because it's a cold sunny day. Snow is another story but alas, we don't have to worry about that just yet. Soon enough - but not yet...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
So far, I've ridden every day this year. I don't see how it can last though.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
We have had unusually warm weather here for the past 3 weeks, and I have seen one or two riders out almost every day. The cold and a little snow came down today, and is forcast to stay for a while, so the riding seems to be over for the forseeable future. :(

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
65 & overcast in Georgia.
Very nice, despite the overcast. So did you ride?

We have had unusually warm weather here for the past 3 weeks, and I have seen one or two riders out almost every day. The cold and a little snow came down today, and is forcast to stay for a while, so the riding seems to be over for the forseeable future. :(
Awww, yeah I guess there is a definitive end-of-season up there huh? How does a return ride look for you next season?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Awww, yeah I guess there is a definitive end-of-season up there huh? How does a return ride look for you next season?
Well I sure plan on riding again next season! :smiley_th
Probably need to spend a few days slow riding in some parking lot practice when I start though.
I know I need to get more exercise than I am getting at work in order to rebuild the strength in my arms and legs.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am glad I rode yesterday it rained all day today and is getting colder 2 to inches of snow in the forecast for Thur, into Friday morning,not to mention I just had both big toenails removed this morning,ouch,ATV time again.Oh yeah I never posted a pic of my new to me,toy

2000 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 electric shift and less than 3200 miles on it,finally replaced my old one some one stole summer before last.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am glad I rode yesterday it rained all day today and is getting colder 2 to inches of snow in the forecast for Thur, into Friday morning,not to mention I just had both big toenails removed this morning,ouch,ATV time again.Oh yeah I never posted a pic of my new to me,toy

2000 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 electric shift and less than 3200 miles on it,finally replaced my old one some one stole summer before last.
What the crap!!!? Why dude?!?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
What the crap!!!? Why dude?!?
The toenails or the ATV? The toenails because they have given me trouble for years,growing in and all besides what use are they anyway?The ATV because I live on a slick steep hill that is much easier to navigate with an ATV when it snows,plus it has handlebars and an engine and is fun to ride too!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I meant toes, I bolded it but that's aight. So you just took pleirs and......

Nevermind. I don't think I want to know. Glad you got another ATV! I remember being angry when I learned yours got stolen. I hate thieves!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yeah I meant toes, I bolded it but that's aight. So you just took pleirs and......

Nevermind. I don't think I want to know. Glad you got another ATV! I remember being angry when I learned yours got stolen. I hate thieves!
you have an exaggerated view of my intestinal fortitude, Dr's Office with major numbing included :wow:

I never felt a thing,I actually watched,but about 5 hours later ,I came as close to hating that Dr. as I have ever came to hating anybody,in my life!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ LOL!!! "exaggerated view of my intestinal fortitude!" That's hilarious!!! Well ok, glad you're better - or will be soon anyway.

Cold front rollin' in round these parts today. High yesterday was 52. Tomorrow the high will be 31. I guess Winter's officially here! Anybody else ride when it's that low?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well I sure plan on riding again next season! :smiley_th
Probably need to spend a few days slow riding in some parking lot practice when I start though.
I know I need to get more exercise than I am getting at work in order to rebuild the strength in my arms and legs.
Alright...!!! I also think you need to get the exercise and build up in the arms & legs, but keep in mind also that the slow riding in the parking lot could call for a lot of sudden stress on that hip replacement, you know the fall over catch, or almost... Anyone, even me, can ride fast, but few can ride slow...lol... Anyway be careful on that new hip thingy, we want you back ridin, not back on crutches or a walker... Lets ride next season...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...:beerchug:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I been out a few times locally here this winter in between doctors and hospitals. Between the 2 mountains where I am, I lose 3 hrs of sun in winter, so its always at least 8 deg colder than say, in Warwick in the flats.
Planning on getting a few days in this week...supposed to get up to 42. All I got is a few 15 mi trips for tests at the hosp, so will work out (a cruise to the diner after !). But IMO, winter's over in the NE (really, never came).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hell, I been ridin' dirty since I got the Vulcan the december before last. Granted I live in florida, but.........it aint always warm and sunny this time of year in these parts. I thought we were gonna get away with a pretty decent winter this year, but...I was wrong.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I been out a few times locally here this winter in between doctors and hospitals. Between the 2 mountains where I am, I lose 3 hrs of sun in winter, so its always at least 8 deg colder than say, in Warwick in the flats.
Planning on getting a few days in this week...supposed to get up to 42. All I got is a few 15 mi trips for tests at the hosp, so will work out (a cruise to the diner after !). But IMO, winter's over in the NE (really, never came).
I sure hope you're right but I can't help asking you to find some wood and knock on it. LOL!!! :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts