Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my front brake pads drag slightly on one of the rotors at a certain point on the rotor. I think it's the left one but not completely sure. With the bike on the center stand - when I spin the front wheel I can hear it drag at a certain section of the rotor.

I'm assuming this means my rotor is warped or uneven (?). Could it be anything different? Could it be a problem with the wheel?

I'm looking for any thoughts or advice. I haven't worked on brakes on a motorcycle before.

Thanks in advance

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
If it's just one rotor then it may be warped but worn wheel berings could be causing your problem.

·
Bearcat
135 Posts
Check the wear on your pads and see if their evenly worn. A warped mc rotor is like on a car. Easiest way to test is to get up to speed and then brake normally. Pay close attention to the way the front feels. If its warped you will have a shimmy eather in the whole front end or possibly a pulse in the break leaver as the pads are pushed back in on the high spot on the rotar pushing your lever back out.

I put new pads on both sides of my bike last fall and you could hear the pads rub at a cretin spot on mine. After a few hundred miles the new pads had seated to the rotars and now theirs no drag. If all else fails and you don't fell safe you could always have a mc shop check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts