Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been a while since I've been on here. I did a home made stator plate mod last year. Replaced 2 stators since then, and this time my magnetic rotor has been in contact with the stator, gouging and grooving the rotors surface. The rotor seems to have a un-trueness while it spins ( warped or out of round) , not to mention I stripped one of the stator plate threads recently that keeps the stator secured to the plate, this may also have given the stator enough play at high vibration. In any case , how do I go about replacing the rotor?

I found one used on ebay in good condition for 50 bucks, just wanna know if its worth doing. I recently did an earshave and full carb rebuild so I have mixed feelings about doing a big ass job at 32k miles.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Unfortunately, unless your cut for the mod plate was a bit larger than usual, you'll have to pull the engine to get the stator case off.

Then you need an actual puller tool or 18x1.5x60mm bolt to force the rotor off the crank. Blue Loctite is recommended for the threads on installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts