Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you let your bike warm up before riding?
I sometimes leave really early in the morning, so I'll push it to the end of my driveway, start it and roll immediately.
The first few minutes in any direction is 30 mph, so I ride really gentle while waiting for the temperature to come up.

I once experienced going too hard too soon and getting enough air in the oil to get an oil pressure light, so I don't do that anymore!!!

But it sounds like some of you start it and let it idle a few minutes before rolling. Should I be?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I let it go on the choke until it runs solid without the choke when I pull the throttle. That's usually 5 minutes and I keep the revs under 2k while on choke. I won't ride it until the engine is off the choke.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I usually warm it up, helps avoid coffee grinder syndrome, and it's good for the engine.

Though plenty of times it's been start and go when I'm in a hurry, but I take it easy until the temp comes up some.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In the warmer months I wait until the rpms rise to around 3-4k with choke and ride it with choke adjusted to around 1500 rpm. I usually can shut it off by the first time I stop at the light a half mile away on my commute or the stop sign before the starting point of my regular rides about a mile away. In the winter I start it up, throw on my gear and grab my backpack and lower the choke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts