Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had riding pants on ..and on the freeway had warm (hot) air go up there leg when using the kury longhorn highway pegs? I actually do get warmer and was wondering what people do to combat it. I have tried the leg blouses used in by the military which seem to work to keep the pant leg end tight. Any other ideas? Just curious. Its just something else to strap down when prelaunching...

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
All my "riding pants" have velcro straps to cinch the bottom tighter to the leg. (Important as you do not want the pant riding up in fall)

If your pants lack this feature, or do not allow you to tighten the bottom as much as you would like, a quick trip to a fabric store for some 1" wide velcro, some nylon thread and a needle can solve this issue forever.

KM

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
All my "riding pants" have velcro straps to cinch the bottom tighter to the leg. (Important as you do not want the pant riding up in fall)

If your pants lack this feature, or do not allow you to tighten the bottom as much as you would like, a quick trip to a fabric store for some 1" wide velcro, some nylon thread and a needle can solve this issue forever.

KM
You can even fore go the needle and thread and get the double-sided velcro roll that sticks to itself available at Home Depot. Cut to fit and you have a handy pants cinch.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha!

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I just deal with it

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
It's still better than a warm feeling running down your legs,before the next rest stop.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
(said in a loud drill instructor type voice) WHY DON'T WE JUST CHUG ON OVER TO MAMBY PAMBY LAND AND FIND YOU A BIKE WITH AIR CONDITIONING!! (sorry couldn't resist just saw the gieco comercial)

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Kidding aside, try these or something along those lines. They work well for me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey that's cool......you go just ahead and be the one of the "tough guys" (on a 750? Now that's funny!)

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered the black pant boot straps...low key but will work great with the pants!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The straps are pretty handy in cold weather too....cold air up the leg sucks balls! If I had chaps, maybe these wouldn't be necessary but chaps way more money (but way tougher, OH, OH, AH, AH ~Tim Allen~)!

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts