Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a VN700 close to Peoria, IL. All I want is the frame.
Need someone wanting to make some bucks parting out the rest...will pay $125 for the frame and title. Rest is yours for $175...engine turns, not frozen. Good tank and fenders and such....guessing a good $4-500 in parts...

PM me if interested, or post here.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Im looking at a VN700 close to Peoria, IL. All I want is the frame.
Need someone wanting to make some bucks parting out the rest...will pay $125 for the frame and title. Rest is yours for $175...engine turns, not frozen. Good tank and fenders and such....guessing a good $4-500 in parts...

PM me if interested, or post here.
Sorry, not close enough to my location.....not driving back east this spring.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I can find a friend with a truck willing to go on an 8 hr drive round trip and can raise the initial funds for the bike/trip I'd be interested...might be a big if though.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Wish I could help. I make a trip from IA through StL often and I could go through Peoria. I don't have a way to move a bike though unless it's under my ass.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyhoo Hex...and JM....it really IS a good deal fer someone who does the Ebay thing....one could triple their outlay...like I stated, all I want is the frame and title....the guy said the tank is spotless too...thats a good $125 right there...$300 for the engine....another $200 at least for the foof and electrics...lemme know....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I wish I had the cash I'd be all over it man.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could send ya my part of it if thatd work, Mikey....you know Im good fer the sheit....this time though, Id drive out to you, lol....would be another month or so before I got out there...

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I know man, I just couldn't come up with it unless I got this Yamaha sold. I've been trying to move it out for some time now.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...well, this guy sellin it said he'd rather have me get it, but he has a kid interested too...aint got the money now either....mebbe will be there awhile...I hope...its the oldest 700 I know of !....#00767...

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
If I fronted the money to you Mike, what could we work out?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I think that would take about 2 tanks of gas to drive there and back. That's nearly $200 in gas lol. I'm more than willing to pick it up just don't know if I have that kinda gas money either.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Ok.. I can't spare THAT much.. lol I was just hoping to have someone get the bike, and I get my choice of parts or get reimbursed for the money... or something to that affect. lol

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yeah I know. That is a good deal but I don't think I could afford the gas to go get it. I know we have members closer to it than I am.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I'm hoping someone pipes in....

I would pay the extra $175, I would want a few parts.. not sure what yet. They could get what's left after me and Wolfie. They would at least get an engine since I am not paying to ship it. I want the tank if it isn't bad to ship, the carbs, and maybe the brake system if I can't get mine fixed... not sure what else cause I haven't looked at the bike.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tank is supposed to be great...all the electrics are there too...its missin the side covers....

Damn, I wish I has an S-10 pickup with a 4 banger....Id be on my way....wont fit in the Camry....

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Tank is supposed to be great...all the electrics are there too...its missin the side covers....

Damn, I wish I has an S-10 pickup with a 4 banger....Id be on my way....wont fit in the Camry....
if you pull the tires and forks it will :rockon:

might have to tie the trunk down but it would fit

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could get "just the frame" in the Camry...but thats it...I tried to put an inversion table in it, had to disassemble it and put it in the back seat (back seats fold down and it opens to the trunk)....
But no way a whole bike...besides, its still my Mom's car....she'd kill me...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Near Peoria

I have been looking for the ad for this bike. I am about an hour from where I think it is. Is it listed in Craig's List?

Mcneuby

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
http://quadcities.craigslist.org/mpo/4325063867.html

I been mailing back and forth with a Kawi rep about my bike and now this one...Im hopin "maybe" he can set up a transport for me....what Id REALLY like to do is restore it fully stock, then donate it for a few years to Ted's Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh...he has a separate Japanese classic/vintage section....and Ive known the man for near 35 yrs, and he's helped me out a lot back in the day....

I mostly want to "save" this bike, since its almost one of the first VN Vulcan Series....I mean, hell....it was the 767th made 30 yrs ago....Im trying to preserve OUR heritage, AND make it public, than getting another bike for myself....Im happy with my Bessie.... ;)
I just dont want it to end up in a scrapyard, or in the hands of some kid thats gonna make a bobber outta it....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts