Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a few parts for my 2001 VN750.
1. Front black cover for the instrument panel
2. Speedo chrome plastic housing
3. Headlight bucket and ring - Found one.
4. Sissybar compartment cover - According to the parts schematic it's called "Case tool"
5. Taillight lens. - Found one.

Please let me know if you have the parts and if you have a reasonable price. I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Got 'em - tailight lens is in really good shape; ring and bucket are in passable shape (the ring looks a little gnarly, but on the inside, not where anyone would see it). Do you also need the lens and stuff, or just the ring?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i have the whole headlight w/ ears and i have the whole taillight if something doesnt work out lmk
I want your handlebars. :) Do you have a thread somewhere on the Forum about how you made the conversion? I've been switching off the last couple of weeks between riding my 750 and a Suzuki S40, and love the bars on the S40. Just wondering how difficult a switchover that was.

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
I picked up the tool box (Sissybar compartment cover) new at:
http://www.motogrid.com/
They have most items for our Vulcans and have been reasonable about getting them to me!!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cindy. I only need the headlight bucket and ring. My ring isn't bad, but has a dent at the top. What do you want for the bucket, ring, and taillight lens?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlie,
I looked all through the Motogrid site, but could not find reference to the toolbox cover at all.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Thanks Cindy. I only need the headlight bucket and ring. My ring isn't bad, but has a dent at the top. What do you want for the bucket, ring, and taillight lens?
You said you were a little short on funds? How's $22.57 (I just made up that number...ha ha), which includes the shipping (I'll ship priority US mail to you). If that works for you, pm me your address. If you're from near my old hometown, I'll give you a dollar discount. :smiley_th

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
ksmnet,
It is listed under the frame fittings section. The sell the lock seperately, if you don't have one I suggest picking one up (local locksmiths can't seem to get the locking bar correct). When I ordered one motorgrid worked with me as far as altering the shipping method (USPS is much cheeper than FedEx or UPS getting things to Alaska).

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/parts.aspx

32098 SKU: 32098-1057 CASE-TOOL 1 $30.55

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ksmnet,
It is listed under the frame fittings section. The sell the lock seperately, if you don't have one I suggest picking one up (local locksmiths can't seem to get the locking bar correct). When I ordered one motorgrid worked with me as far as altering the shipping method (USPS is much cheeper than FedEx or UPS getting things to Alaska).

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/parts.aspx

32098 SKU: 32098-1057 CASE-TOOL 1 $30.55
Thanks Charlie. I appreciate the info. Unfortunately, their prices are out of my budget. To get both the cover and lock would cost me $75. I'll have to rely on someone on here eventually having one to sell (or somewhere else on the net).

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
Most of them (that I've seen) loose the top portion (cover) of the tool case. I went to the local locksmith (not perfect but workable). If I had it to do over I would order the lock too! But you can get a cabinet lock locally (they will probably have to modify the latch but it does work.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might do it that way. Thanks again,
Kerry

·
Registered
572 Posts
I want your handlebars. :) Do you have a thread somewhere on the Forum about how you made the conversion? I've been switching off the last couple of weeks between riding my 750 and a Suzuki S40, and love the bars on the S40. Just wondering how difficult a switchover that was.
i just bought 4in risers and 7/8 drag bars off ebay. bout 50 bux for the 2. i didnt change my cables but u should probably get shorter cables bc mine hang down. u could either cut ur wires and take out about 4in or u could just push them under the tank, i didnt have this problem bc i have no wires on my bars. that may be y they have a clean look to em and that might be y u like em lol. but i would recommend them bc i really like them alot it makes the bike look and feel much better.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Here's my stupid question for the day -
Come on now!! You asked the question, so it can't be stupid!!

You learned something from your question, right?? .... So now you're smarter than before you asked, which (due to The Theory of Relativity, or was it The Law of Just Because) it cancels out any part of stupid!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts