Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired into my stock harness, which was a mistake, of course. I need one more pin to wire the R/R directly to the battery. The MOSFET R/Rs come withe one extra pin, so if any of you guys didn't jack up your install like I did, you should have an extra pin laying around. Somebody help a brother out?:doh:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Don't understand what you're looking for. I wired my Mosfet directly to the battery with no special connections.

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't understand what you're looking for. I wired my Mosfet directly to the battery with no special connections.
I need a female crimp connector that snaps into the connector housing(s) of the R/R harness. If I could figure out the type of connector, I could order it from Newark or Digikey.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I need a female crimp connector that snaps into the connector housing(s) of the R/R harness. If I could figure out the type of connector, I could order it from Newark or Digikey.
Very easy. Go to Auto Zone or Advance Auto and get a 16-14 guage 1/4" female crimp connecter ( they come 5 in a box ). I got the waterproof ones. They also have them in standard or high temp. They fit very tight.

·
Registered
195 Posts
radio shack should also stock the pins. I will look when I get home, I may have one or two laying around. I will let you know if I do.
Cheman

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
radio shack should also stock the pins. I will look when I get home, I may have one or two laying around. I will let you know if I do.
Cheman

Thanks guys. I do have lots of connectors, but none that are designed for the housing. I would prefer to use the exact pin that has the correct retaining mechanism to the housing.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks guys. I do have lots of connectors, but none that are designed for the housing. I would prefer to use the exact pin that has the correct retaining mechanism to the housing.
Kelly2001, I found one female pin that I think might be from my mosfet mod on my VTX. I not sure if thats what its from. If you want it , PM me your snail mail and I'll send it to ya. If its not the right one, well, add it to your collection:)

Che

Reactions: kc2dgq
1 - 8 of 8 Posts