Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to reverse engineer the JB, maybe figure out why so many headlight relays fail, and such. I'd like to come up with a plug and play replacement.
So if anyone has a spare kicking around, I can offer you the first replacement JB in exchange.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I'm looking to reverse engineer the JB, maybe figure out why so many headlight relays fail, and such. I'd like to come up with a plug and play replacement.
So if anyone has a spare kicking around, I can offer you the first replacement JB in exchange.
Great idea, very do-able !
Should your engineering be relay replacement, I believe one obstacle to overcome may be the replacement relay Physical size...

enjoy

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm looking to reverse engineer the JB, maybe figure out why so many headlight relays fail, and such. I.
I will almost guarantee that the relay stops working as a result of pitting and carbon fouled contacts due to arcing when the contacts close....seen it WAY TOO OFTEN on relays.

The fix is as easy as polishing the contacts....assuming you can get to them.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Seeing as mine is down for a while I'd offer to pull the one off my bike and send it your way ..... as long as I can get it or a replacement back around springtime. I really don't think I'll be riding around in the snow this year.

·
4,508 Posts
Seeing as mine is down for a while I'd offer to pull the one off my bike and send it your way ..... as long as I can get it or a replacement back around springtime. I really don't think I'll be riding around in the snow this year.
Snowmobile !

A lotta fun, been there, done that,.... many years !

:smiley_th

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Snowmobile !

A lotta fun, been there, done that,.... many years !

Great .... now you have me thinking, I do have that old VW bug snow tire in the back of the garage and an old Ski-doo ski .....

·
4,508 Posts
Great .... now you have me thinking, I do have that old VW bug snow tire in the back of the garage and an old Ski-doo ski .....
...that was my initial thought...
......I've seen actual pic's of our thoughts..........

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM me and we'll work something out!

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
PM sent

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
dragon keep yours if it is good i have a bad one laying here not being used

dariv if you need it i got it

and if dragons has already hit the mail let me know and i will tinker with this one myself

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good, I'll PM you my address.
Dragon, hang on to yours for now and we'll start with a broken JB

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I'll hang on .... didn't remove it yet anyway...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts