Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm after a mint condition gas tank, preferably black with red side panels but not essential. Only problem is I'm in UK so would need shipping, so also needs to be cost viable. Can anyone out there help? Andy

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Mint tanks are hard to come by, and perhaps not "Cost Viable" as you put it. A mint tank will usually run you over $100 on ebay, $250 or more from a used parts dealer. You can pick up a dented tank, that needs minor work, and in farily good shape on ebay for about $50 if you are patient.

good luck

RB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RB

Seen a few on ebay in US, but no one's been prepared to ship to UK so far. Can't even get an idea of shipping costs either. Hoping a good samaritan across the water can provide the answer. Cheers bud.

·
Registered
157 Posts
limeycruiser said:
Thanks RB

Seen a few on ebay in US, but no one's been prepared to ship to UK so far. Can't even get an idea of shipping costs either. Hoping a good samaritan across the water can provide the answer. Cheers bud.
There's one on e-bay now, freshly paineted "corvetter" black. Comes with fenders as well. Low price now but bidding ust opened. I don't know if he would ship to UK. But he is located very near me. If you want to pay the cost for shipping overseas (and you have paypal), I don't mind having the tins shipped to me (if you win) and I will forward them to you. Lasttime I shipped to Europe (my stock exhaust went to Italy) it was close to $100 so be warned!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi to Sweetsausage, Spence & Uncle Gomer, haven't been on line for a few days but thanks for your suggestions. Have seen tank and fenders set on ebay, but looks like US shipping only. Haven't followed up on others yet. Just my luck to pick a bike that's as common as rockin' horse s**t in UK, but I love her!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know if you saw my post on the yahoo site about a new tank in the box, black with red inserts. Was shown this tank at Dealer in Thomasville Georgia. $100
I think I posted his address and phone number. If you can't find it let me know and I will check for you.
comet ( Joseph Lindsay Haley) A Scottish-American
Doing a favor for an Englishman? Must have beaned myself with my caber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts