Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I really need is the plate with the numbers....my eyes are gettin worse, and during the day it aint bad, but at night I cant tell if Im doin 30 or 40...I want to take a stock plate, and mod it with larger numbers...like the old style Harley ones....lemme know if you have a fooked speedo layin around....

Like these, is what I wanna make.....mostly the last....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay....prolly gonna be a winter project for me anyway bro, too many small rides yet to take the speedo off....gettin too damned cold to ride too early and too late....I just ran outta smokes the othe night and was damned if I was gonna pay the extra $2 for NYS tax (thats 2 tallboys !)....I took the 12 mile ride into Jersey....thats rare for me, so no rush....I just want an old one to make a template...was thinkin of makking a translucent one with black numbers, and backlighting it...but yeah, I need BIG numbers now...cant see that little sheit no more....3 = 30...3 and a slash between the 4 means 35...thats all ya need anyway on a bike....no need for 20, 25, 30, 35, 40....thats bullsheit....but since the 70's, I never got ONE ticket while on a bike...I wanna keep it that way, lol....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah...if you can email me the scans, that'd work too bro.....much apreciated amigo....I just need to get the graduations and holes for the indicators right is all....rest I can fudge, lol...dont wanna take mine off just yet....but thought about just repaintin the face on the stock too....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That'll do....thanks bro.... :beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....nahhh....I can "feel" the tach (revs)...no need to see numbers, lol....just the speedo and this will work fine....I'll post up my finished one.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts