Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it would be doable to put a nomad 1500 windshield on one of our bikes? I know a guy and can get one for twenty bucks, but I dont know how it mounts, or if i would be able to make a bracket and get it to look good.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Anything is possible. I put a Harley batwing fairing on mine. You might have to get a generic aftermarket mounting kit or fabricate some basic brackets, but it can be done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
heres the deal, the windshield it self is universal.. the mounts are not.. you need mounting hardware for the vn750 forks or 38mm fork tube mounting brackets. the vn1500 nomad uses 41mm fork tubes.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
If I recall correctly, our fork tubes are 39mm. It can be tough to find clamps for that specific size and you will pay something of a premium for them. An alternative is 1 1/2" fork tube clamps. They're as close to a perfect fit as you can get and the price is a bit more reasonable. The fasteners will most likely be SAE instead of metric, but that's the compromise. Also, our bars are 7/8" and I'm pretty sure that the 1500's were 1". Again, no big deal. The aftermarket mounting kits come with adapters (mine was two rubber spacers) that will allow use on either bar size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts