Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm look'n for a close-up, head on pic of the newer tank emblem. I'm going to remove the old "Kawasaki" and replace it with a decal. But I need a good shot first. I thought I'd ask you guy's first before I went down and looked like a wierdo at the local dealer taking pictures. lol Thanks!:motorcycl

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I have one attached in THIS post. I'm trying to find the one on the t-shirt in that post. It's gotta be on my 'puter, but right now I can't find it?!

or I have this one....

Attachments

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final Version Decals

Hey, Just wanted to say again thanks hyper! The pic worked out alright. I'm attaching a pdf of what I came up with. This pdf contains the information for any sign shop to create decals any desiered size and can also be edited. Color, add, subtract, ect. If you have trouble contact me & I can send this file to anyone who wants it. Or maybe I'll figure out where I can stick it so it can be accessed anytime.:smiley_th

Attachments

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
They look really good.
I like the left & right thing ya got there. Gives them more character. :smiley_th

EDIT... if ya join the Yahoo group, there is a Files section which you could probably add them to.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I know that you already found what you were looking for, and it wouldn't have been this anyway, but I saw this on the Delphi Vulcan Riders forum and wanted to pass it along.

You can get these here http://www.streetgraphics.com
It's logo_0106 if you call them. It isn't on their web site. The price is only $9.90. The size shown in the pic is XL 6" x 12", but I guess they come in different sizes.

I don't have anything to do with this, just passing it along.

Joe

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
See my post in the Fabrication and Builds section on decals....I had my own, custom decal made up for my tank....VERY reasonable and great quality....expedited shipping cost me more than the 2 decals themselves....

Glenn....gcxteme, makes decals too, but not sure if he can do multicolor.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25450

Mounted pic in post #20.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take those PDF files to any local sign shop.
It's fun dealing with a local guy, you get to see the actual colors &
Pick sh!t out. There are some nice metallics out there.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It didn't. I've been in the sign business for about 16 years.
If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's that
Every shop will have different pricing.

You should pay (2 color, cast vinyl, it's the better stuff, & one of the colors being metallic)
$15 to $25 per.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....my multicolor (256) cost me a lot less than that.....the decal was like $6 and shipping was like $8.....thats for 2 on one sheet (had to cut them apart)....
I try to do local when I can, but them prices are just silly, IMO...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well, mines been exposed to plenty of weather and UV rays, with no ill effect....the definition in the graphic is incredible...(400dpi).
As I stated....I always try to buy/shop local.....and support my local economy, but sometimes, well.....I at least try to keep it US....
If a local place can provide what one needs, then by all means....what I needed, wasnt available in a 100 mile radius.....I checked...just offering options, bro....

I mean....how can you compare a 2-3 color decal with this :

You can scan a photo at a good DPI and have it made into a sticker.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts