Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible to do without alot of complications. Someone i know is selling a stock set of custom handle bars from an 05 vulcan custom their the straight bars with a riser on them im just wondering if its possible to do an easy swap or is it alot of work?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Is this possible to do without alot of complications. Someone i know is selling a stock set of custom handle bars from an 05 vulcan custom their the straight bars with a riser on them im just wondering if its possible to do an easy swap or is it alot of work?
actually quite a bit of work since the risers are built into the top tree on the vn750.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has anyone added say "Drag bars" and wondering what it cost to do the swap? Im just looking for something more straight as handlebars

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah heres my setup bars were 24$ shipped any set of 7/8 will do these are 3 & 1/4 pullback rhey do have a 5 & 1/4 pullback most are 28 inches long i have seen a few at 30 inches the risers are ......snowmobile risers 3.5 inch they do make 2 inch and 5 inch $80

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah heres my setup bars were 24$ shipped any set of 7/8 will do these are 3 & 1/4 pullback rhey do have a 5 & 1/4 pullback most are 28 inches long i have seen a few at 30 inches the risers are ......snowmobile risers 3.5 inch they do make 2 inch and 5 inch $80

Did you do the install? or have it done by a shop? Was it a big job? Thats the style im looking for just something straighter

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did you do the install? or have it done by a shop? Was it a big job? Thats the style im looking for just something straighter
did myself its a pretty straight forward job can be done in about 30 minutes if your not changing to new grips with glue ......you can just get a 7/8 straight bar instead of a drag bar

here is a 32 inch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STRAIGHT-DRAG-BAR-7-8-JAP-METRIC-MOTORCYCLE-HANDLEBARS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb6672611QQitemZ260758251025QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

here is a 26 inch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-8-STEEL-BROOMSTICK-DRAG-BARS-CHOPPER-HANDLEBARS-/170576526591?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b7273cff

seems the straight bars are a little more pricey

·
Registered
137 Posts
do you need risers or just the bars?
straight bars you might not need them but I had to since the drag bars are bent a little and the controls hit the tank you will have to re route all your cables though or get shorter ones., I only had to re route my choke and clutch cable with the 3.5 risers

order the bars first then if you need risers get them that's what I did ,I didn't really want risers but had to get em

heres a real good idea you could get 7/8 sportbike clipons that attach to the forks instead of the stock handle bar mount just measure the mm of the vulcan forks, and you can adjust those how straight or angled you want them:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
here is what I put on my 750 I think they were around twenty bucks from JC Whitney they were called Daytona bend,and I didn't have to buy risers,I did however switch to a KZ1000 clutch cable yo do away with the the curved fitting on the end of the cable where it goes into the lever.Those are the stock riser caps with the Kawasaki emblem cut out of the middle and dressed with a file and then polished out,not necessary but I liked the look of individual clamps.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
here is what I put on my 750 I think they were around twenty bucks from JC Whitney they were called Daytona bend,and I didn't have to buy risers,I did however switch to a KZ1000 clutch cable yo do away with the the curved fitting on the end of the cable where it goes into the lever.Those are the stock riser caps with the Kawasaki emblem cut out of the middle and dressed with a file and then polished out,not necessary but I liked the look of individual clamps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they look good but im looking for more of a straight bar.

like these. Im just wondering if adding risers are necessary or not? Seems like removing the stuff off is a pretty simple job i just wanted to know if its difficult job thats all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts