Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I had to put up my bike for sale recently due to unexpected circumstances. My hopes are that I will be able to get another one some day.

I'd like to have an affordable way to remember my bike by. Rather than just having a photo or a bike part, I would prefer to have a scale model of it.

I have searched through the web everywhere and have yet to find anything remotely close to it.

Does anyone here have one?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I don't and I've never heard of one either. Doesn't mean they're not around though. I know lots of riders keep their old license plates and hang them either in the garage or in the basement. Might be an alternative idea for you...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Maybe you can find an old Kawaski advertisement and frame it for a keepsake.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was wondering about a scale model too the other day, as I like to build them, but I was considering using it as a test bed for painting schemes..before I did full scale. The closest I've found so far is the Yamaha Virago XV1000 at 1/12th scale. Here's a link to it:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tam/tam14044.htm

It probably won't remind you too much of the Vulcan though, except for style..engine is way diff than ours. The only other one that's close is the one Mazdaracer posted.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
There was a company that made small models, pre-assembled ala Matchbox, that had a Vulcan 750. There was a group buy on what someone had left of them awhile back, so it's possible to find one on Ebay or talk one of the owners of a model out of it.

Contact Pick, I think he did the GB.

KM

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
This is one I found at a department or drug store. It's been awhile and I don't remember which one for sure. but I've looked high and low for more and haven't found them since.

IIRC, the ones Pick found were a Vulcan, but unlike the one I have, they said American Eagle or something like that inplace of the gastank badge.
But otherwise, they were exactly the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
The one on ebay is a 87ish VN1500. They looked very much like the 750's back then.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yup that is a VN750. You can tell by the breather covers. The VN1500 had smooth chrome ones.
Yep, I agree that is a VN750, there ye go and cheap enough...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
2,528 Posts
I guess I'm in a bidding war with one of you on this ebay item...
The key is not to bid until the auction is about to end......I use ebay and that still baffles me why people seem to drive the price of things up when there are days left till the auction ends.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I had to put up my bike for sale recently due to unexpected circumstances. My hopes are that I will be able to get another one some day.

I'd like to have an affordable way to remember my bike by. Rather than just having a photo or a bike part, I would prefer to have a scale model of it.

I have searched through the web everywhere and have yet to find anything remotely close to it.

Thank you.
PM sent to you, swiftwind!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
There were 2 different companies that put them out. Road Champs put one out in 1996 and so did Old Navy. The Road Champs one is in a blister pack with Road Champs Hot Cycles on it. The Old Navy one is also a blister pack with the Old Navy logo on it along with Collectible Cruisers on it also.I am assuming it was also distributed in 1996 since it is the same color s the Road Champs one. Both are the 1996 Teal/Blue color scheme. They both are 1/43 scale models. They look identical just different packaging. They are hard to come by as many of you may not have seen them around on Ebay or such.

Any ways....just letting you all know THEY DO exist!!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
The key is not to bid until the auction is about to end......I use ebay and that still baffles me why people seem to drive the price of things up when there are days left till the auction ends.
No, the key is to use the Max Bid option. You figure out how much you are going to pay for an item, and that's it. You bid that amount with the Max Bid, and if it doesn't go that high, great. If it goes higher, then it's too expensive, anyway.

·
2,528 Posts
Max bid might work for some, I still find it easier to "snipe" it away at the last second. I like the element of surprise. That's when I use the Max bid, not days ahead of time. Then if their max is higher than what I put in for a bid, I wasn't meant to have it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts