Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a used vn500 '07 with 11k miles 6 months ago, fixed up everything two detailed inspections discovered, changed the battery and an hour ago i drove to the diner with choke on, as i turned off the bike and left with the keys after 5 yards, a huge explosion was heard, i'd say louder than a backfire which I never had on this bike before. I went into the diner, 30 mins later I go out, start the bike, since it was still warm, i put choke off after 20 yards, it goes smoothly, i go toa friends place for half an hour, as I leave there and attempt to start the bike: a) ignition lights and everything goes on fine, as I click the starter it CLICKS and everything goes off, I try the key back and forward again, lights go fully on, not low, not blinking, butstarter turns everything off, after that I kept moving the key back and forward, it turned on the lights only occasionally, but eventually stopped fully, again, without them dieing, so questions: a) could whatever happened be linked to choke on driving an hour before? b) could the explosion an hour before made a mess somewhere? c) battery or contact suddenly messed up after 6 months of use?

Regards, Alex

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Why were you riding with the choke on?

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
My initial guess would be an electrical issue.
Check grounding wires. Might also be the ignition switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts