Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one on here owns or has a friend with a VTX1300 ,here is a heads up,If you are experiencing odd front tire wear or a low speed wobble you need to talk to your Honda dealer,there is an update on the front steering head bearings but no recall and honda has yet to admit they need to fix these bikes ,but they will sell you the updated tapered bearings and install them for you.I have a couple of buddies who have these bikes and are going to have to update them,they are good bikes but this a problem and people need to know to look for the problem the only symptoms are the ones I mentioned that I heard of so far,hope it helps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a friend with one. We were just talking about this very same thing a couple days ago. He's got 16 or 17K on his and doesn't have a problem yet, but he's going to get them changed out soon anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one guy had to change his around 5000 miles and I have another friend who needs his done now.We found out about the problem googling uneven tire wear.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I think this is something Honda should take care of under warranty, or by a recall. Someone needs to report this problem. Honda seems to be the worst of the Japanese manufacturers at covering things up, and not admitting they screwed up, and paying for repairs that are their fault. Jerry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts