Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far...I have enjoyed the vstrom ...but...i realize the benefits of having my shaft drive VN. I am already purchasing a set of tires at 15000 miles(which is high for a sport touring bike) and miss the ME 880's that a cruiser like the VN could take. Spending money every season...also...the sprockets and chain. I don't think i need new ones but i have ordered them so when i do i can get them replaced. Thats another couple hundred every season and a half....if you ride like i do. The bike is in the "sit up and beg" position...and runs like a top. 50 mpg easy and thats hard on the throttle.....Fuel injected.....insurance is expensive for the 2011..with abs. Especially if you get high coverage(which is recommended on MC). Just fyi. I will keep you in the loop.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Wow, 15k on the rear, I got that out of my front, but only a bit under 6k (3 small thread patches showin) out of my last ME880 rear... I've put a new Dunlop on, hope I get more out of it, if not I will try the Avon Venom x and see what happens...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Wow, 15k on the rear, I got that out of my front, but only a bit under 6k (3 small thread patches showin) out of my last ME880 rear... I've put a new Dunlop on, hope I get more out of it, if not I will try the Avon Venom x and see what happens...
Don`t know if you have read this story by Daniel Meyer before OD, but maybe you should consider going all the way to the "Darkside" with a CT on the rear wheel.
http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/...eDarkSide.html
http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html

You are already halfway to the darkside anyway, riding a Harley!

OK, OK, I know you bought the Harley because it was a Sportster, not that you bought a Sportster `cause it was a Harley. LOL

Ah, you know I`m just yankin` your chain and funnin` with you a bit about the Harley don`t you Old Dog? :boxing::pepper:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Why do your tires look all sparkly? They look like twilight vampire tires.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Ah OHC, what Hardley...??? You know I ride a girl's bike, it should get better milage than that on a rear tire...lol...
I get a 404 Error when I click on that link...lol... How did it know I'm now runnin a 404 Dunlop...???
See what bein on the dark side gets you...lol...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Ah OHC, what Hardley...??? You know I ride a girl's bike, it should get better milage than that on a rear tire...lol...
I get a 404 Error when I click on that link...lol... How did it know I'm now runnin a 404 Dunlop...???
See what bein on the dark side gets you...lol...
Hmm, I get the 404 message on the first link too.
I put the link in a second time and it looks identical but it works for me now.

Here it is again:
http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html :smiley_th

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Why do your tires look all sparkly? They look like twilight vampire tires.
lol, they do in deed!

I read that story OlHoss, about that guy who runs car tires on the back of his Valkyrie (love those). Pretty interesting. He's an all season rider. Not me anymore. I wimp out when it hits low 30's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts