1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Around 13.2- 13.9v :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
My bike seems to drop significantly when the fan is running at idle. I tested it and it appears that the voltage is barely over 12.8 when I rev the engine over 3k. It is even less when at idle. Is this normal?

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Krup327 at a stop,with the brake on and the fan running there is a big drop in voltage. Even with just the fan running it pulls a lot of volts. But it is not really normal for the volts to drop more when you increase the RPM's to 3000. Your reading should go up when you REV up the engine. Mine at a stop and the fan running the volts can be from 12.6 to maybe 13, at times even lower with the brake on.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Krup327 at a stop,with the brake on and the fan running there is a big drop in voltage. Even with just the fan running it pulls a lot of volts. But it is not really normal for the volts to drop more when you increase the RPM's to 3000. Your reading should go up when you REV up the engine. Mine at a stop and the fan running the volts can be from 12.6 to maybe 13, at times even lower with the brake on.
My voltage does increase when revved and I am getting similar readings to yours. It looks like it is normal for the fan to put a big draw on the electrical system. Thanks for sharing your readings.

On a related note, I just replaced my tail light bulbs with an LED board from Clear Alternatives and I am very happy with it. It frees up some current at idle and is a LOT brighter than stock.

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts