Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my question where is the best place to wire in a volt gauge so it turns on and off with the bike. and what what wires?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Search in the Electrics section....a few threads on it in there....

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
here is my question where is the best place to wire in a volt gauge so it turns on and off with the bike. and what what wires?
As mentioned check the "Search" feature as you can find the most any information when you actually need it instead of waiting for replies. Many use the extra wires hidden in the headlight bucket.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
As mentioned check the "Search" feature as you can find the most any information when you actually need it instead of waiting for replies. Many use the extra wires hidden in the headlight bucket.
Those wires are always hot. You would need a switch to turn off the power.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
In order to get the most accurate Voltage reading (without loss thru wire harness), I wired Volt Meter directly to my Coil Mod Relay (ign. switched), thus reading actual Battery voltage directly.

hth

:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...a relay...switched into the key switch is the ultimate though....me and KC and Nitro were just discussing that a few days ago.....

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
In order to get the most accurate Voltage reading (without loss thru wire harness), I wired Volt Meter directly to my Coil Mod Relay (ign. switched), thus reading actual Battery voltage directly.

hth

:smiley_th
I think this is the way to go. Did mine through the right running light in the bucket and it will give you lower readings and a big range during the ride.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I wired mine to the red wire on the front coil. I get an accurate reading and switches off with the key. Haven't seen/felt any adverse effects yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts